Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

eye adjust

Does anyone know if the Eyepoint  Adjuster works in the Aerosoft Airbus  like it does in the real one .i saw a video by a real airbus captain and he explained how it works.

just curious if it was implemented .the little red and white balls are there.

steve

I did a post on the FSL A320, but it might help you find the right view.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/10951-setting-up-the-right-view-point/#comment-86243

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

To help you get it correct, in an Airbus A320, when you are in the correct seating position, you can see downwards from the cockpit window exactly 20 degrees, which equates to being able to see precisely 41 feet in front of the cockpit (41 feet = 12.5 metres). So... if you are prepared to do a bit of taxying around on a runway in FS, you can check if your view ahead is correct with this method (which I've just invented lol, but it should be perfectly correct)...

A standard airport runway is 45 metres wide, and this is true in FSX too, so this offers a handy measurement guide for us. The real A320 can perform a complete 180 degree turn in 30 metres, this means it is possible to do the following:

Switch to an external view, then taxy right to the edge of the runway, then turn exactly ninety degrees and roll forward so that you end up with your nose a bit short of three quarters across the runway width, facing perpendicular to the runway's alignment. With your nose there, in the pilot seat you should just about be able to see the edge of the runway when looking ahead. To help you gauge the distances, the nosewheel is exactly 5.07 metres back from the tip of the A320's nose.

Note that in the real aeroplane, you can lean forward a bit and see more, but for th normal seat position, doing the above should have you prety much spot on.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here