Sign in to follow this  
JetManHuss

The VSKYLABS Tecnam P2006T Project

The VSKYLABS Tecnam P2006T Project.

Hi:)

The development status of the VSKYLABS Tecnam P2006T project is pretty advanced...I'll be using this topic as one of the update channels for the project.

The Tecnam P2006T is an Italian high-winged, twin-engine all-metal light aircraft built by Costruzioni Aeronautiche Tecnam, which is based in Italy. The P2006T is the lightest twin-engine certified aircraft available, and is a four-seat aircraft with fully retractable landing gear and liquid-cooled Rotax 912 engines.

This is the biggest, most comprehensive project of mine up to date, and it is going to be a great flyer, with the ultimate focus (as always...) on accurate flight dynamics and handling characteristics. The VSKYLABS Tecnam P2006T will feature is featuring a fully animated 3D cockpit environment and system simulation, and it is expected to be ready...during May 2017 (initial release version).

Project Status Update (30th April 2017):
Aircraft engineering: Almost 100% of all 3D modeling and engineering is completed (internal and external) and systems are defined and integrated to work, including all cockpit switches, dials, knobs and levers. Final aircraft avionics configuration is yet to be decided, but I'm leaning towards a dual GNS configuration (Garmin 530+430).

The project's main page is at: http://www.vskylabs.com/2017/04/vskylabs-tecnam-p2006t-project.html
It will start to be filled up with full of details, screenshots, instructions etc... in the next couple of weeks.

Here are some screenshots from the current development status (30th April 2017):
(avionics arrangement within the panel is not final, as the Garmin 530 is planned to be set up above the 430, and other modifications to the instruments are to be expected).

vskylabs+tecnam+p2006t+promo+004.jpg

vskylabs+tecnam+p2006t+promo+005.jpg

vskylabs+tecnam+p2006t+promo+007.jpg

wow, looks great! I´d like that layout:

Technam-9.jpg

3 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

wow, looks great! I´d like that layout:

Hi :)

...I'm running tests with various layouts. As it is seems at the moment, I'm leaning towards the 2 x GPS config.

I'm considering to include (in the future) more than one cockpit layouts though.

Why 2 GPS? I´m not a pro, so what advantages are offering 2 GPS? I`d think a GPS and a ADF are offering more :/

I´m looking forward to the - hopefully - soon release :)

On 5/2/2017 at 6:29 AM, jt8d9a said:

Why 2 GPS? I´m not a pro, so what advantages are offering 2 GPS? I`d think a GPS and a ADF are offering more :/

I´m looking forward to the - hopefully - soon release :)

Hi!

There are quite a few benefits in having dual GPS/GNS configuration. Here are some points to consider:

(also in real life) - these two can "talk to each other"...share the same database and to be used as a "one device" with two screens. You can decide, for example, to keep the flight plan on one GNS and the map on the other. Or, you can keep the HSI display on the 430 and the map on the larger 530 screen.

In a two-pilot cockpit operations, usually one NAV/COMM primarily drives the 'left' flight instruments (pilot), and the second drives the 'right' (co-pilot). In the VSKYLABS Tecnam P2006T, the 530 is NAV1/COMM1 and the 430 is NAV2/COMM2, so you're practically having two sets of these. 

The VSKYLABS P2006T is also equipped with analog instrument gauges and and a 4 digits ADF.

...I'm testing the plane with all kinds of air navigation practices. I want it to be a real IFR operational aircraft in X-Plane, for both GPS "simple", or "modern" navigation techniques (point to point), and "old-school" radio navigation using ADF, VOR...flying from FIX to FIX etc... 

OK, thank you very much! I hope the release is not far away. Looks fantastic :)

Thanks :) It will be, hopefully, ready in couple of weeks. The "prototype" is mostly in the air nowadays, mainly for flight testings and calibrations, as systems integration and functionality, flight dynamics and overall evaluation phase is taking place.

Hi!

Project Status Update (7th May 2017):

*project's page: http://www.vskylabs.com/2017/04/vskylabs-tecnam-p2006t-project.html

Almost every aspect of the aircraft is being tested, defined, fine-tuned...steps towards "completion" are getting smaller and smaller (as expected in this phase of development).

GPS Functionality: I've decided to implement a simple, yet very useful functional feature for the GPS operation, which is the ability to operate it from the 3D cockpit view (and not only from the pop-up GPS screen). It is extremely useful to maintain a "clean" screen while flying and operating the GPS in a single PC-display configuration. Here is a short video showing it in action: 

• Upvote 2

Wow, looks fantastic!

Nice!!!

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Hi!

A few more recent screenshots.

Development is getting tight as I've started to "open" its flight envelope....

vskylabs+tecnam+p2006t+promo+013.jpg

vskylabs+tecnam+p2006t+promo+014.jpg

vskylabs+tecnam+p2006t+promo+015.jpg

vskylabs+tecnam+p2006t+promo+016.jpg

vskylabs+tecnam+p2006t+promo+017.jpg

Excellent! Please release her :)

Hi!

Aircraft is getting into shape. Non-stop test flights, 3D model and simulation engineering.

Here is a short video.

Initial version release - I'm aiming for next week...

Hi JetMan,

Looking good. An interesting design to say the least.

I am looking forward to the release of this aircraft. It should be a popular one.

Jim Morgan

Cool...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |