Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Radar Contact Tweak question

Btw something else, in FsInsider.ini under [OPTIONS] section

[OPTIONS] ................. EnableGSXsupport=0

Why is that? I have it selected in UI. (see my mce.ini)

Thanks,

Edited just now by Dirk98

19 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

The green font says:

FS Version:    P3D v3

English Version: Yes

FSinsider ver:   2700

Aircrafts available: 66

on ground, engine(s) on

How to revert to native ATC exactly? I don't want to guess here, even though I think I know how.

Thanks.

In <ATC> tab of MCE UI, click the "-" little arrow at the bottom (where it's showing "RC4 ATC active" to move to Native ATC, then click Apply and restart MCE.

With native ATC, call-sign changes with the loaded livery.

Make simple request. "ground call_sign requesting taxi". Is that recognized and displayed in red font?  

19 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Btw something else, in FsInsider.ini under [OPTIONS] section

[OPTIONS] ................. EnableGSXsupport=0

Why is that? I have it selected in UI. (see my mce.ini)

Thanks,

Edited just now by Dirk98

That one is there to prevent fsInsider.dll enabling GSX interfacing on surprise releases of P3D, until it's fully tested. Otherwise, could crash the sim.

It is automatically enabled for all known released P3D versions so far.

It's do with "grabbing" messages GSX outputs to green bar. Things like "Waiting for action: Open door D1" and MCE crew opens the door, etc...

8 minutes ago, FS++ said:

It is automatically enabled for all known released P3D versions so far.

Any idea why it is not automatically enabled in my case? Should I leave it 0 or change to 1?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, FS++ said:

In <ATC> tab of MCE UI, click the "-" little arrow at the bottom (where it's showing "RC4 ATC active" to move to Native ATC, then click Apply and restart MCE.

With native ATC, call-sign changes with the loaded livery.

Make simple request. "ground call_sign requesting taxi". Is that recognized and displayed in red font?  

I don't need RC4 running in this test, do I?

Thanks.

So, I speak: "Ground AIRBUS Golf Echo Uniform Uniform Echo" requesting taxi:

All I get consistently in red font exactly: ground and baggage door... 

and nothing more, no matter how I try

RC4 off, TTS David On, Native ATC (Active) after restart.

Thanks

Edited by Dirk98
missed one letter in the callsign, so the response is different in red now

37 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

So, I speak: "Ground AIRBUS Golf Echo Uniform Uniform Echo" requesting taxi:

All I get consistently in red font exactly: ground and baggage door... 

and nothing more, no matter how I try

RC4 off, TTS David On, Native ATC (Active) after restart.

Thanks

This points to possibly PTT not operating as expected.

When you hold PTT switch down, all speech commands for FO, Mechanic GSX interaction are suspended, and those for ATC are enabled.

The opposite happens when you release it.

Ensure you don't start transmitting until you hear the continuous humming background noise indicating MCE has switched to ATC mode.

If the switch contact is interrupted for even a micro second, ATC commands would be disabled midway.

OK try "Tower AIRBUS Golf Echo Uniform Uniform Echo" requesting taxi", just in case speech reco picked up the GSX command as a result of it not being disabled on a timely manner.

6 minutes ago, FS++ said:

This points to possibly PTT not operating as expected.

When you hold PTT switch down, all speech commands for FO, Mechanic GSX interaction are suspended, and those for ATC are enabled.

The opposite happens when you release it.

Ensure you don't start transmitting until you hear the continuous humming background noise indicating MCE has switched to ATC mode.

If the switch contact is interrupted for even a micro second, ATC commands would be disabled midway.

OK try "Tower AIRBUS Golf Echo Uniform Uniform Echo" requesting taxi", just in case speech reco picked up the GSX command as a result of it not being disabled on a timely manner.

Sorry, I didn't use PTT (Del key) switch at all in this tes!!

I'll try right now and will get back to you.

I don't need RC4 to be running in this test, do I?

Thanks.

Bingo! Now I got recognized holding PTT when I requested: Schiphol Clearance AIRBUS Golf Echo Uniform Uniform Echo requesting IFR Clearance HeathrowSchiphol Clearance AIRBUS_G_E_U_U_E requesting IFR Clearance Heathrow

Btw P3D ATC didn't answer my multiple requests. I checked if it worked at all by clicking with the mouse on the Request IFR clearance and it worked then. 

What's next?

Thanks

I switched over to Ground frequency and requested taxi. The red text showed correct spelling but ATC Menu didn't answer again.

Ground AIRBUS_G_E_U_U_E requesting taxi     - shows correctly

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

Again, I have mofidied Controls bindings in P3D, does MCE send keystrokes to P3D ATC or internal varables? If it sends keystrokes then no wonder ATC does not reply.

Thanks.

PS:  no, the above is irrelevant, the ATC Menu is designed to be handled with the mouse clicks not 1-2-3-4 keys

How to make MCE's default ATC understand my flight plan? In ATC/Flight Info I read:

Callsign: airbus                  Golf Echo Uniform Uniform Echo

Flight Rules:                        VFR

Origin:                                  EHAM

Destination:                         ????

Cruise Alt:                            ????

Alternate:                              ????

VHF contact:                         Schiphol Ground

My ready scenario with the engines running on the ground  was saved with the Flight Plan, so MCE should read it somewhere, but can't find or/and read it

Do I need to show MCE where my flightplans are or it gets them from Simconnect?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

30 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

How to make MCE's default ATC understand my flight plan? In ATC/Flight Info I read:

Callsign: airbus                  Golf Echo Uniform Uniform Echo

Flight Rules:                        VFR

Origin:                                  EHAM

Destination:                         ????

Cruise Alt:                            ????

Alternate:                              ????

VHF contact:                         Schiphol Ground

My ready scenario with the engines running on the ground  was saved with the Flight Plan, so MCE should read it somewhere, but can't find or/and read it

Do I need to show MCE where my flightplans are or it gets them from Simconnect?

Thanks.

Eventually use the <Flight plan> button in <ATC> tab to tell MCE which flight plan is being used.

If you need to use "Speedbird", just Edit the aircraft settings to change call_sign and upon closing the Dialog box MCE will pick-up the new one.

You need to be aware that understanding the speech is just one part of the process. The second part is that MCE needs to read the native ATC menu so that it doesn't end-up playing darts with the keyboard hoping to strike it lucky. For instance, you don't want to send key "1" as an acknowledgment when menu option 1 is showing " 1 - [Tune whatever on XXX.XX]

Even though it may recognize "tower speedbird 345 now ready for takeoff", it won't select the option in P3D unless it can see such option "Request takeoff clearance".

Still waiting on whether the TTS is able to read the ATC menu (in this case Native ATC). Ask "confirm ATC options" without pressing PTT, and he should read whatever is displayed there.

If unable, there is a problem with MCE retrieving those options.

P3D ATC, just like FSX responds to both clicks and keys. That isn't an issue.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

If you need to use "Speedbird", just Edit the aircraft settings to change call_sign and upon closing the Dialog box MCE will pick-up the new one.

Where would I do that? Do you mean in aircraft.cfg file?

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Ask "confirm ATC options" without pressing PTT, and he should read whatever is displayed there.

Yes, MCE reads out options displayed on ATC Menu window correctly!

One issue with P3D ATC window here -  I can only select with the left mouse clicks. But when I press keys 1 or 2 nothing changes.

What's next?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

9 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Where would I do that? Do you mean in aircraft.cfg file?

Yes, MCE reads out options displayed on ATC Menu window correctly!

One issue with P3D ATC window here -  I can only select with the left mouse clicks. But when I press keys 1 or 2 nothing changes.

What's next?

Thanks.

If flying one livery, just go to P3D Menu "Vehicle" properties and edit call sign there. The "aircraft.cfg" will be updated.

Could eventually do that in "Aircraft.cfg" directly if you have many liveries installed.

Now that you've checked MCE is able to communicate with P3D smoothly, revert to RC4 mode and check TTS Fo can also read the RC4 options.

May need to wait a few seconds and ask again, as he may initially report the native ATC options.