Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Radar Contact Tweak question

NEXT ISSUE:

in RC4 Mode MCE can't read the flight plan. It reads Origin: ??? and Destination: ???

I click on Flight Plan and the righ plan (p3d files) opens up.

Pleae advise.

Thanks,

Dirk.

32 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

NEXT ISSUE:

in RC4 Mode MCE can't read the flight plan. It reads Origin: ??? and Destination: ???

I click on Flight Plan and the righ plan (p3d files) opens up.

Pleae advise.

Thanks,

Dirk.

MCE can only parse FS (XML style) or FS9 (text style) flight plans, with ".pln" extension.

The same FPLNs Radar Contact can read.

You need to browse to the networked drive where your flight plans are stored, and load the one currently active in RC4

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

1) How exactly can I switch between those instead of Dieter?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) How does it work? For example: on the ground I communicate with ATC myself and MCE recognizes my speech and sends keystrokes over to RC4. In RC4 options I have Play Pilot Wavs is Off. Before take off I switch ATC communications over to FO:

- Is he supposed to make after takoff communication with ATC on his own?

- What do you mean exactly by "Radar Contact will be handling the playback"? Please give an example for clarity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- XBOXONE/PS4 is the way to go for some new users no matter what options you can offer them. But MS, P3D, X-Plane chose to make their platforms available for complex add-ons that can perplex even experienced users. However I get your point, and if you are really concerned about those first time demo users, why don't you hide the option somewhere deep in mce.ini? Please think about your loyal base as well, I know that many of your users would salute this option. MCE picks up a lot of white noise in the room or from elsewhere, since recognition stays open all the time by design. Why not to give a hidden option to manage it in a more flexible and convenient way after you get more familiar with the product? Or will it require too much coding work on your side (which I would understand)? Anyway, not a biggie for me, I know how to get what I want with some work around and what you gave already (thanks again for that NUMLOCK <Shut up!> functionality)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Is there a Full version download for your customers, or it just doesn't exist? And all I need is just the latest build and to download all the voices from http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html ? And the links to some downloads that you kindly posted earlier, do they exist somehwere else on a website in an organized order? 

Thanks,

Dirk.

1) Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Change> button next to Co-pilot crewmember.

The voice assignment screen will appear. 

Click "Recorded voices" at the top and you should see a list of installed human recorded voices. 

Pick one up and click OK to assign it.

All downloads are available from this page. http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

It's the same Demo that gets activated via a key file sitting inside installation folder.

Scroll down, and you'll see links for downloading those voice packs directly.

Download each voice pack, unzip and run "InstallVoice". 

IMPORTANT: Since the latest official release (V2.7.0.6) has the bug with handling the RC4 via a network, you need to run a more recent version. And here is the direct link to latest V2.7.1.0

There will be an official release within a couple of weeks, once PF3 interfacing and your RC4, networking specific issues are ironed out.

2) With RC4, the "my radio" and "your radio" (and other variations) will effectively switch the RC4 FO mode.

On ground, you say "I handle the radio". When cleared for takeoff, you tell FO "you have the radio" and from then on, he'd act as if he was one of RC4 original voice packs. I mean RC4 will make him say what it sees fit.

There are instructions in the MCE voice packs for RC4 explaining how to proceed. After replacing "Pilot voice" with "My voice" which plays silent audio (provided in the pack), when you transmit yourself, you can then keep option "play Pilot wav" ON.

13 minutes ago, FS++ said:

On ground, you say "I handle the radio". When cleared for takeoff, you tell FO "you have the radio" and from then on, he'd act as if he was one of RC4 original voice packs. I mean RC4 will make him say what it sees fit.

Excellent, will try it shortly. 

18 minutes ago, FS++ said:

There are instructions in the MCE voice packs for RC4 explaining how to proceed.

Where are the "MCE voice packs for RC4" in the first place and then where are the instructions exactly? In a pdf file, in some readme.txt etc?

Thanks,

Dirk.

40 minutes ago, FS++ said:

1) Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Change> button next to Co-pilot crewmember.

The voice assignment screen will appear. 

Click "Recorded voices" at the top and you should see a list of installed human recorded voices. 

Dieter's voice, that I was trying to change, is not in the Recorded Voices list . And I think he shouldn't be there, as he's not a Copilot, but someone from the ground crew. So the question remains how to scratch squeaky Dieter. Nothing personal with Dieter, just still trying to dig how things work in MCE.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Dieter's voice, that I was trying to change, is not in the Recorded Voices list . And I think he shouldn't be there, as he's not a Copilot, but someone from the ground crew. So the question remains how to scratch squeaky Dieter. Nothing personal with Dieter, just still trying to dig how things work in MCE.

Thanks.

Dieter initially recorded a ramp agent pack. Later he graduated as FO.

MCE won't bring Dieter as rampy when he's the FO. Dieter didn't record specific audio for Radar Contact.

Right now, need to download this zip file and proceed to replacing files within RC4 installation folder. FO William and FO Lorna as well as FO Stuart can handle RC4 ATC.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/MCE_Voice_Packs_For_Radar_Contact.zip

Don't forget to replace one of the pilot voices so you can keep "play Pilot wav" option ON, all while transmitting yourself without the voice doubling up your transmission.

FO William comes with the Demo. Lorna has to be downloaded separately. Again, all voices are available here (as links were given previously).

I wonder whether there I some kind of issue on your side, or the forum, preventing you accessing those links. Eventually contact Support to receive them via e-mail.

All MCE downloads are available here: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

To replace FO voice in MCE, you need to enable the "Real crew coordination feature" in order to access the <Command> tab.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Dieter initially recorded a ramp agent pack. Later he graduated as FO.

MCE won't bring Dieter as rampy when he's the FO. Dieter didn't record specific audio for Radar Contact.

Can I somehow change Dieter as a ramp agent without installing him as FO?

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Right now, need to download this zip file and proceed to replacing files within RC4 installation folder

Oh, I never realized I was supposed to install anything in RC4 installation folder. Where did I miss that? Is it anywhere in the documents? I will do that, what a relief. I felt something important was missing on my part, but where did I miss it again?

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Right now, need to download this zip file and proceed to replacing files within RC4 installation folder. FO William and FO Lorna as well as FO Stuart can handle RC4 ATC.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/MCE_Voice_Packs_For_Radar_Contact.zip

Thanks for the link, I've downloaded the ZIP just now, but I still can't see it on  http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html page as it was suggested all the files were there, or I missied something again.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

I wonder whether there I some kind of issue on your side

Most definitely on my side, but it would be much much easier for understanding if you had a link to MCE_Voice_Packs_For_Radar_Contact.zip download  on your http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html page. Why don't you post the link there?

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

To replace FO voice in MCE, you need to enable the "Real crew coordination feature" in order to access the <Command> tab.

Yes, it's on.

Thanks so much for helping out.

Dirk.

Edited by Dirk98

13 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Can I somehow change Dieter as a ramp agent without installing him as FO?

Oh, I never realized I was supposed to install anything in RC4 installation folder. Where did I miss that? Is it anywhere in the documents? I will do that, what a relief. I felt something important was missing on my part, but where did I miss it again?

Thanks for the link, I've downloaded the ZIP just now, but I still can't see it on  http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html page as it was suggested all the files were there, or I missied something again.

Most definitely on my side, but it would be much much easier for understanding if you had a link to MCE_Voice_Packs_For_Radar_Contact.zip download  on your http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html page. Why don't you post the link there?

Yes, it's on.

Thanks so much for helping out.

Dirk.

You're welcome.

There are 16+ ramp agents so far, with more to come.

They are assigned based on which airport ICAO ID you happen to be.

Flights starting from German, Austrian and perhaps Dutch airports would get you Dieter.

In France, you'd get Christiane. In Spanish speaking countries you'd get Carlos, etc...

You can install FO Dieter is you wish, MCE will ensure he won't pop-up both as Rampy and FO. He makes an excellent Lufthansa FO

Now, if you want to replace Dieter as the default ramp agent from your main hub, edit mce.ini [RAMP] section. Add this line

ExcludeAgent=Dieter

This option was devised for the voice actors so they don't end-up talking to themselves :laugh:

Thanks for pointing out the omission on website. Now download link is there.