Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

Frequent Apphang1b crashes

After a fresh reinstall of FSX Acceleration, installed NGX. Later the same day, I've been having crashes during the FSX in-game loading process or the NGX initialization. Only happens with NGX, error reporting apphang1b. Please help with ideas! Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Isolate the problem and the easiest way to to start by removing addons from the dll.xml and exe.xml configuration files.  Usually there is one thing causing the appHang and the problem is gone as soon as you find it.

I'll try that out when I get home. Could the affinity mask entry in the fsx.cfg have a role in the crash? I have a core I7 4790 and my affinity mask is set to 244

17 hours ago, davidzill said:

I'll try that out when I get home. Could the affinity mask entry in the fsx.cfg have a role in the crash? I have a core I7 4790 and my affinity mask is set to 244

I don't see how, and I wouldn't expect anything in the fsx.cfg to cause an apphang because the only application that uses it is fsx itself.  I suspect something other than fsx is hanging, this is usually something waiting for user input or a failure during the load or unload of a module.