Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Where do you turn on or off, boats?

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or have a genuine question.  If memory serves, this was asked before, and not only just here.  The quick and dirty method is to download and install this:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/35733-xp-11-advanced-settings/

An alternative to this, is to find the X-Plane.PRF file and edit it manually.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you look at it) LR simplified the settings a lot in XP11, and most options have been merged together. Luckily some of the settings from XP10 are still editable from the preferences file and can be edited using the tool Jim has posted.

Jimm have edited that file, changed from 1 to 0 and it made no difference using notepad is there something else required ?

Trevor Golding

1 hour ago, trevg said:

Jimm have edited that file, changed from 1 to 0 and it made no difference using notepad is there something else required ?

Have you tried this tool? http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36925-rendering-options-for-xp11/

It may work for you, for me, it was a mess and I put things back the way they were.  In my opinion, the amounts of cars and boats seem pretty average, nothing excessive...in my opinion, of course.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hello,

I just noticed in short final that I have boats attached to my runway lights ramp in some airports, as if the sim thought runway lights ramp was a harbor ramp.

I am with XP10.51 using orthophoto and Mesh HD V3 overlay (no w2xp).

Anyway to correct this?

Best regards,

Pierre

16 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Hello,

I just noticed in short final that I have boats attached to my runway lights ramp in some airports, as if the sim thought runway lights ramp was a harbor ramp.

I am with XP10.51 using orthophoto and Mesh HD V3 overlay (no w2xp).

Anyway to correct this?

Best regards,

Pierre

I too have seen this and the best way to correct it is to ignore it and land baby, LAND! :biggrin:

ah ah :biggrin: Well, yes, that is what I did till now^^ Hoping jet blast would teach them not to take an airport for a harbor but still they come back the next day. Need to pass lower!

Pierre