Sign in to follow this  
SubOne@YPPH

Messages during FSX Startup

Hi,

I'm getting a number of messages appear on the FSX startup flashscreen which when I click 'Close' will disappear.

How can I prevent these from showing up?

See screen shot below:

StartupScreen.jpg

Many thanks....

In one or more or your aircraft.cfg files you have "title=..." lines where some title names are duplicated. FSX requires the title of each aircraft in your simulator to be unique (so across all your aircraft.cfg files, each title must be different). The error dialog is telling you which folder to look in and which title name is duplicated. The Simobjects\Airplanes folders is inside the folder where you installed FSX (ie where the FSX.exe is located).

I notice that the folder name says "FTX AU Airbus A320_200", but the aircraft title is "FTX AI Airbus A320_200". Is it possible you duplicated the aircraft folder and changed AI to AU?

You can either remove the duplicates or change the titles so they will be unique. The aircraft.cfg can be edited with Notepad. Suggest you make a backup of the file before you start editing.

I've never heard of any software utility that helps to fix this issue, but maybe someone here can recommend one.

Barry Friedman

There is a tool that will help with finding and fixing these sorts of problems - ACA. Take a look at this http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/ site for details and documents.

DJ