Sign in to follow this  
Blue Baron

Trying To Remove Stubborn Vestiges of Microsoft Flight Simulator X

I have been trying to remove all vestiges of FSX from my system in order to reinstall it. I uninstalled it through Programs and Features. However, it still appears as a shortcut on my front screen. In addition, there appears to be some leftover software because  FSX still spools up when I press RUN; and the ALT and VS indicators light up on my Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel. The FSX box then promptly disappears and nothing else happens. The ALT and VS light indicators remain lit. I have Revo Uninstaller Pro on my system to uninstall software. However, I do not see anything there for FSX. How can I otherwise remove the remainder of any FSX software parts from my system?

You can manually remove the FSX folder and then put the disc in, it should offer to reinstall and not just repair of modify.

Delete all folders manually, then run this tool http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_installer_cleanup_utility.html  Select FSX only to be removed. For FSX Steam, only the version number will appear in list(you can right click on FSX icon, select properties, details to find the version number). This is the only tool i know that removes all traces of FSX, so you can install it again

Also Delete the hidden folders in AppData and documents , leftover configuration files will be found there .

Best CJ