Sign in to follow this  
Tom Wright

Black screen when switching to full screen

Hi Guys,

Not used FSX for quite a while but decided to give it a go again today. I seem to be having a new issue that I didn't have previously. I've not installed/uninstalled anything or changed the configuration, apart from probably automatic driver updates.

I can run FSX in Windowed mode fine, but when I alt+enter to go full screen, the screen just goes black. I can hear the sounds still, but no visual. I then have to alt+enter again back to windowed, so I can't run full screen.

Also does it with a completely vanilla FSX.cfg file.

Running DX10 (with Fixer), Windows 10 Creators Update. Newly installed GTX1060 with latest driver (but did it with my old 560Ti too so don't think it's the card).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Hi again,

Just thought I'd post again to say I've fixed it. I had installed TeamViewer since using FSX last and it seems this doesn't play nice with FSX and full screen. Shutting down TeamViewer and restarting FSX and I am able to alt+enter into full screen once more.

Useful to know if anybody has TeamViewer installed.

Thanks

Tom 

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Thanks for the follow-up Tom. Always amazes me the way different things can interact!

Bill