Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Everything is confusing - what do to?

Luke, the only way you could tell will be when aircraft compiled with the P3Dv4 SDK and the new features it offers cannot be backwards-ported to the 32bit sim versions... :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

17 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Luke, the only way you could tell will be when aircraft compiled with the P3Dv4 SDK and the new features it offers cannot be backwards-ported to the 32bit sim versions... :laugh:

I'm not sure - if I take a 32-bit P3D add-on, recompile for 64-bit (probably cleaning up a few compiler warnings and tweaking some variable sizes) then add a few new SDK features, would that be considered "64-bit native" or merely a "ported 32-bit" add-on?

I mention because I expect most P3Dv4 content to fall into this category, and I'm not convinced that a ground-up rewrite will provide benefits relative to the stability and other risks. That said, I don't know what new stuff is in the SDK.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

21 hours ago, 737_800 said:

Hi flightsimmers,

I am struggling at the moment how to proceed astutely with the change in flight simulation. Especially when I see X-Plane vs. P3D v4. The most confusing is, it's not clear, how and in which platform to invest. I still use FSX and have spend a punch of Money into it. 

I also want to buy the FSL A320, and till the release of P3D v4 I can buy the FSX Version and update to P3D v4 for free; so I would have both version. Do you think it's worth buying it now? The Airbus for X-Plane look really good, it XP has slope runways and rain effects. Anyway I don't know about the flight dynamics.

Just a small note, you may be even more confused for not reading properly on the FSL A320... If you buy *THE FSX VERSION* you will not get the P3D v4 for free... You get the P3D v4 version free if you buy/own the current *P3D VERSION*...

Yes, I know Raven9000 :-) Do you have any information about the pricing on the FSL 64 bit version? Do you think that might be cheaper than to buy FSX+P3D Update?