Sign in to follow this  
Markito

Pilot Records from FSX to P3D - possible?

Hi Captains,

I am planning to migrate from FSX to the upcoming P3D sim platform and I was wondering whether my Pilot Records can be transferred from one sim to another. I didn't like to lose my many flight hours...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Marco Furtado

Marco Furtado

If you go to the FSX utilities library on Avsim, and download a program called "LogEditv2-0 Logbook Editor for FSX / P3D" it will allow you to convert your FSX records to P3D. However it says it cannot be undone, so I would make a backup copy of your FSX logbook elsewhere just in case. I use the program to fix a lot of errors to when FSX decides not to log my starting airport or what not. Is a very useful tool. I myself do not have P3D yet, so I cannot attest to how well it actually works. I did check and it does have an option under "Tools" tab in the program.

Thanks Steve for mentioning my LogEdit program!  It does convert FSX to P3D logbook formats, which are very similar except that the comment fields are different in P3D and already unreliable in FSX so while you can convert back and forth there's a possibility that comments are lost (especially ones in P3D that are longer than 72 chars.).  The program has been out for a year with only one issue reported to date concerning FSX comments, so I'm pretty happy with it.  I'll take a look at it again after P3Dv4 but I don't expect any radical changes there.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah the Logedit program has worked flawlessly for me as I was able to go back and fix a lot of the messed up records from when I first started playing FSX. So it has been a big help to me. Was only the other day when I decided to switch to P3D that I noticed it also had a function for that as well. I don't put comments on the flights fortunately so that won't be an issue. As long as the hours and airports are there is all that matters to me. I am just happy there is an option for it.

Count me in as another long-time admirer of LogEdit.  A fantastic tool with no issues whatsoever.  Dan is the man!

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for your answers. Another + for me to consider the migration. Not completely sure by now - but let's see.

Cheers,

Marco 

Marco Furtado

Hello Captains,

I installed the Logbook Editor (v2.0.17) to edit and convert my Logbook.BIN file (FSX) and make it thus readable in P3D v4, which I meanwhile acquired. The conversion seamed to work normally, but when I open Pilot Records in Prepar 3D only Oriental characters are visible in Aircraft Types, in Departure and Arrival Airports. These are not readable in Western standard characters. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Marco

Marco Furtado