Sign in to follow this  
odai

Any improvements to low CPU/GPU usage planned?

3 minutes ago, frontendrob said:

I didn't want to throw in age into the equation. That's a very sensitive topic here on AVSIM...

They need to add a "old" dot to our profiles that show up by our profiles on posts that way we won't have to say anything but we'll know...hehehe  I truly believe there will always be those that will hate on a "perfect sim" for one reason or another.  Dude, I didn't know AVSIM has a timeout corner!!!  That's good to know tho...it's probably in the rules sticky, but I only read what I find interesting.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

3 hours ago, frontendrob said:

I think last time I checked, FSX was 4.99$ in the budget corner.

Currently selling on Steam for £19.99.

Give people power to really test their personality.

10 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Seems to have worked well enough for LM with P3D! I'd hardly call their customers naive or uninformed. My personal experience is also that XP11 doesn't seem to perform much better than FSX either.

Same. Just proves that you don't need a whole new engine every time you release a new sim.

Actually, I've found that XP11 performs flawlessly at the highest settings and apparently makes very good use of both GPU and CPU with excellent multi-threading of tasks. 

It also looks a hell of a lot better than P3D/FSX/FSW etc, although I reckon this is more down to the fact that the "plausible world" system doesn't use the same appalling combination of ground textures for fake roads/objects and vector roads/autogen as in the other sims that is so jarring and unrealistic at low level. Although I can see how that system could look better at higher levels.  

I do hope that DTG come through with their optimisations to the code and very much look forward to see what they manage to pull off. I did quite a bit of programming for my Physics degree and while it was not enough to call myself an expert, it was certainly enough to understand how difficult it can be!

• Upvote 1