Sumits81

Chaseplane crashes upon P3D v4 exit.

Hi,

As the title suggests, after closing down v4 chaseplane dumps memory and crashes. Have had this about 5 times on the trot now. I'm running the latest version (at the time of writing v0.2.54).

Thought I should mention this.

Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't even get CP to run in V4!

It keeps telling me it's not up to date or their working on it or something.  I can take a screenshot.

I was SO hoping it would work.

It updated itself too but will not work at all with V4.

2 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

@Jack_Sawyer V4 support is on Experimental Versions only for now

I see, well here's the error.  I'll have to change it to Experimental.

Thanks Keven.  Oh, by the way, while V4 was downloading I ran V3.4 and CP updated, but then all the hard work I did last night was all for naught.

All my camera button assignments were gone.  It said only a date range of mid May, I didn't even but it till two days ago.

Also, all my curves adjustments were messed up.  What gives?  Will this happen in future?  I hope not as I spent hours last night setting them all up.  

K70rlwJ.jpg

The Crash on exit should be fixed with the latest build

@Jack_Sawyer If you have issues that are not related to this thread's topic, please post a new one.

Regards,
Keven

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

@Jack_Sawyer If you have issues that are not related to this thread's topic, please post a new one.

Regards,
Keven

Hi Keven, 

Thank you and the team for sorting the crash out. Will test more later today. 

Cheers

I'm having the same problem in V4.  CP crashes 75% of the time on closing V4.

18 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Regards,
Keven

Hi Keven,

I'm on v0.2.58 now and all appears to work well. No crashes here and pretty pleased with v4 compatibility. Thank you and the team.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Sumits81 said:

Hi Keven,

I'm on v0.2.58 now and all appears to work well. No crashes here and pretty pleased with v4 compatibility. Thank you and the team.

Cheers

Are you using experimental mode in V4?  I haven't had a chance to turn on the PC yet today so did this update today?

Thanks.

That's right, Jack. I'm not aware of another mode available to v4 users at the mo. I launched CP about 20mins ago and got an update come thru. Give it a go when you can.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sumits81 said:

That's right, Jack. I'm not aware of another mode available to v4 users at the mo. I launched CP about 20mins ago and got an update come thru. Give it a go when you can.

Cheers

Thank you kindly sir!

Well, I just turned don the PC, ran CP and it was already patched to this version.  It was the version I was using in P3DV4 last night and it kept crashing and freezing the cameras.

Here's what I remember: v.0.2.54 dropped around the time everyone was installing v4; approx. 1900GMT or at least thats when I got the update. 2.56 come a few hours after that. That was yesterday.

2.58 was downloaded when I got home about an hour or so ago.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Sumits81 said:

Here's what I remember: v.0.2.54 dropped around the time everyone was installing v4; approx. 1900GMT or at least thats when I got the update. 2.56 come a few hours after that. That was yesterday.

2.58 was downloaded when I got home about an hour or so ago.

Cheers

I was up to 0200 local, EDT last night messing with it.  Then I turned it off.  I have not turned on the PC till just now, ran CP and saw it was 0.2.58 and it did not update.  So it had to be the version from last night I was using.  Haven't touched the PC all day till now.  I have no idea but it's still freezing my cameras.

Oh ok. Not sure. Hopefully someone from FSFX will be able to assist you. My crashes appear to have disappeared and cam movement is normal. 

What exactly do you mean by freezing your cameras?

Just now, Sumits81 said:

Oh ok. Not sure. Hopefully someone from FSFX will be able to assist you. My crashes appear to have disappeared and cam movement is normal. 

What exactly do you mean by freezing your cameras?

When I run in non-experimental mode in 3.4 all is well.  But one thing I DON'T like is the update ruined all my assignments, despite just installing it a couple of days ago.  So now I have to go back in 3.4 and fix them all.  The notes on the update said it would only affect certain people in a narrow date range in May.  I didn't even own it then.

Anyway, in V4, last night I was setting up cameras on the default planes and all of a sudden whenever I clicked on a camera, internal or external, nothing happened.  It was frozen solid.  So I had to shut down CP and re-run it.  Then it worked, I could adjust cameras and all that then it would happen again.  Mind this was experimental mode as per what Keven told me.

Hi, I'm also experiencing the same issue here every time I exit P3dV4.1 my Chase Plane crashes all the time. Another issue is when I launch P3d chase plane loads up but there will be no cameras on the Chase plane interface most of the menu tabs will be greyed out apart from preferences.

Is there a solution to the above-mentioned issues?

Lloyd 

Hi,

We have had a few Reports of this issue. We are actively looking for the root cause but there are no solution for now.

Hi Keven,

I experienced a CTD on exit of P3D V4.1 also with build 0.4.101 of CP here is the error:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          12/2/2017 9:05:27 PM
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      ROB-7900X
Description:
Application: ChasePlane.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at <Module>.SimConnect_CallDispatch(Void*, Void (SIMCONNECT_RECV*, UInt32, Void*), Void*)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SignalProcDelegate)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()
   at 픀.픬.픀(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at 픀.픂.픩()

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-12-03T05:05:27.970070700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>18537</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>ROB-7900X</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application: ChasePlane.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at &lt;Module&gt;.SimConnect_CallDispatch(Void*, Void (SIMCONNECT_RECV*, UInt32, Void*), Void*)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SignalProcDelegate)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()
   at 픀.픬.픀(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at 픀.픂.픩()

</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Cheers, Rob.