mazelda

vr headset automatically starts

Hi

Curiuous if anyone else is getting this also.

While not a problem as such ,but every time I start p3dv4 my oculus home screen /panel automatically starts as well

this does not happen with p3dv3

just wondering if this is Lockheed building in a future for vr or its just my setup

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, I had the same issue with my new Prepar3d V4 install. Stopped it by disconnecting my Vive.

I also get a weird issue where my FPS drops to ~2fps when I change views from out of the default cockpit view. To get back to normal I have to restart the scenario, but am always restricted to the cockpit view if I don't want my fps to drop. I am wondering if the Vive had something to do with that?

Cheers,

Fjord

I had this in v3 as well. I understood it was because home launches when it detects a vr program being launched and since p3d is natively vr these days it was down to that.

I used to close it but now I just ignore it. It doesn't affect anything as the rift has a proximity sensor in the headset so it won't turn on unless you out it on.

oh and in some ways it is more convenient than fly inside. I was dropping in and out of vr last night just by right clicking through the views. Felt like the image was sharper than fly inside too as I had no issues read everything in the a2a Cessna. I know you can't import screens etc but even so, very nice experience.

Chris

That is good to hear.  I have been flying v3 with FI for some time but didn't like the limited support that V3 had for VR.  I thought it looked terrible not to mention that not much was clickable.  I am glad to hear that you think it is sharper than FI.

Fly inside has some more features but seeing as it doesn't work yet I dont have any choice anyway! :)

chris