Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Ultimate Traffic 2 and P3d v4

1 hour ago, tooting said:

And you using ut2 or UT Live?? 

UT2

spacer.png

There's your issue do you have updated models??  From my updates??  

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, tooting said:

There's your issue do you have updated models??  From my updates??  

No sir.

spacer.png

Does anyone know if UT2 can be installed with EMT and works fine meanwhile we are waiting for UTL?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

You do not need EMT for it, simply redirect UT2 to your P3Dv4 (many guides how to do so online) and use it. Works perfectly.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Thanks I'll try. 

Just tryied with EMT, seems to be installed, but I can't see any traffic.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Well, that's most probably due to the fact that even with EMT, the necessary files telling a) UT2 where P3D is and where the planes are and b) P3D, which files need to be executed upon start. So, you still have to change those files manually (exe.xml, simobjects.cfg etc.). Plenty of guides available online...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I will try nevertheless:

1. Open prepared.cfg and add under [Main] the links to your UT2 and other AI models, in my case, this looks as follows:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\AI Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\Airplanes

If you have your AI planes or UT2 installed on a separate drive, add full path. If you want, you can modify SimObjects.cfg instead of prepar3d.cfg, both should work.

2. Open UT2Settings.cfg. You should find it under C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2

In this file, you basically tell UT2 where to look for the sim. Mine looks as follows:

[Main]
FSX cfg File Location =C:\Users\AnkH\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
hideDisclaimer=1
FSX Location=d:\lockheed martin\prepar3d v4

No worries about the mixing of FSX and Prepar3d, as long as you specifiy a .cfg and an .exe, you are fine.

3. UT2 sadly needs an FSX.exe, but that's no issue at all. Simply copy the P3D.exe on your desktop (copy, not move...), rename it to FSX.exe and copy it back in the Prepar3d root folder. Now UT2 thinks, you have FSX installed.

4. Now the more delicate part. If you do this wrong, UT2 will not work. You can not break anything, just UT2 not runnning. Go to the folder: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and check, if you already have an "exe.xml" file in it, if not, create one. The exe.xml must contain:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
< SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="exe">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Name>UT2</Name>
        <Path>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
        <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
    </Launch.Addon>
< /SimBase.Document>

Here you basically explain P3D where to start UT2 from. Be aware that those .xml files need a specific file coding since v4, but you can achieve this using Notepad++ for example.

That's it. If UT2 still does not start, something is wrong with your directions, most probably in the "exe.xml".

Greetings, Chris

Thanks so much. I did again all steps of first tutorial and works perfectly now.

Riccardo