Sign in to follow this  
pgde

Megascenery in P3D v4

Does anybody have any suggestions for an easy way to install a lot (i.e. 50 or so) of photorealistic scenery files into P3D v4? I'm a bit daunted considering the sheer number of scenery.cfg entries (or where ever one needs to install into a file).

I guess I have been spoiled by the way FSDT does it by automatically moving the files and doing the modifications behind the scenes. Mesh file suggestions also would be appreciated. Is there anyway to cut and paste into v4 scenery.cfg or its successor?

Many thanks!

P.

PS Yes, I am making an assumption that there are no issues with photo files in v4.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

You don't need to reinstall the mega scenery. Add manually the areas with the software SceneryConfig 1.19 (P3D v4 ready), it is fairly straight forward to use. Point the path to the "scenery" folders where the mega files are already installed (one by one for each area) and jump in the P3D. Working fine. 

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

4 hours ago, MMartinov said:

You don't need to reinstall the mega scenery. Add manually the areas with the software SceneryConfig 1.19 (P3D v4 ready), it is fairly straight forward to use. Point the path to the "scenery" folders where the mega files are already installed (one by one for each area) and jump in the P3D. Working fine. 

You don't need an external program to do this if you already had Megascenery installed in a previous version of either P3D or FSX. All you need to do is go into the scenery library within v4 and add the Megascenery areas that you were already using. For instance, I had Mega running in v3.4 and v2.5, with the files installed in the folder "Megascenery Earth" on a separate drive from the sims. I went into the v4 scenery library, clicked "add area", and browsed to and selected the folder that I wanted to use, Clicked OK and after the usual making database and loading dialogues, the scenery was active.

Hope this helps!

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Thanks all.

Have a great weekend!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.