Everything posted by b1bmsgt
-
FlightFX Hawker Beechcraft 800XP
Well, I keep seeing that it is available, but it isn't showing up in the Marketplace. I went to Aircraft and picked FlightFX under creators, but all it shows me is the Piaggio and the HJet... UPDATE: Found it. It's under Microsoft Presents FlightFX. Well, of course it is...😖
-
MSFS2024 Update now Chaseplane Inop
I was having a bunch of problems after SU5 (Shocking, right?) and a reinstall fixed a lot of those. I've been lucky with SU6 so far...
-
MSFS2024 Update now Chaseplane Inop
Yes and yes.
-
MSFS2024 Update now Chaseplane Inop
I just started the sim for the first time since the update was released. Got the message to shut down the sim and restart to update Chaseplane. Did so, and it works just fine. Probably not what you want to hear, but going by this I would say it's not Chaseplanes fault... Just sayin"...
-
Can msfs2024 fly planes on it's own?
MSFS2024 definitely has the "AI flies the plane" choice or words to that effect, but I have never tried it so I couldn't say if it will accomplish your mission or not...
-
PMS GTN750 Issue
Hi! Yes, the touchscreen works fine. Between then and now, however, I have ditched Spacedesk and now use SuperDisplay for the same purpose as Spacedesk became kinda glitchy over time. SuperDisplay is Payware, but it's only $15.00USD, plus they have a 3 day free trial. I find it to be very stable and reliable. I use a cheap (under $100USD) Android 10 inch tablet with a USB connection. There is no noticeable lag and the map movement is very smooth. Wouldn't want to fly without it! Russ
- Intro music
-
Airmanager not for Toliss ?
That's not what Air Manager is for. In AM you build your own panels using instruments that are included in the app. If you have a second monitor, you should be able to drag your popped out displays to it. If not, it could be a Toliss problem...
-
Project Airports - Build and Share Airports
"Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting." On the contrary... 😋
-
Project Airports - Build and Share Airports
Sorry, but I haven't tried it. I probably should...🙂
-
Project Airports - Build and Share Airports
Which leads to my point exactly. There are too many failure modes. There should be some way to just place and move objects without an advanced engineering degree. (I exaggerate, but that's how it feels sometimes...) I'm not a noob, either. I've been simming since the Commodore 64 in 1982. I've used pretty much every third party scenery and object placement program over the years, and never had this kind of problem. If what I describe isn't possible with FS24, please tell me and I'll shut up... 😄
-
Project Airports - Build and Share Airports
Well, now that's the problem. I have been trying on and off since FS2020 to mod airports, and I got it to work properly exactly once. Then, when I went to continue a day or two later, my mod disappeared from the game and hasn't been seen since. That was in 2020. I have never been able to get it to work in 2024. I think I've watched pretty much every youtube video on the subject, but no dice. However, I can go into X-Plane's W.E.D. and mod stuff all day with no problems at all. That is the type of program I would like to see for FS2024, whether it be third party or an addition to Dev mode. Simple and effective...
-
Project Airports - Build and Share Airports
Using SDK/Devmode is so complicated and convoluted it's ridiculous. What is needed is something simple to just place new objects and move existing objects at default airports already in the sim, without 20 different windows and who knows how many steps to get it done. I would not want to do anything to payware airports. Is something like this possible in MSFS2024?
-
FS2024 - How to Eliminate "Melted Buildings"?
I turned it off a while back and I love not seeing all the melted word not allowed. After a while without PG it will all seem perfectly normal. Well, at least it did to me. YMMV, of course. Give it a try...
- [TEASER] Something very different is coming
- [TEASER] Something very different is coming
-
Why do scenery devs model pizza boxes, malls, bedrooms...?
I THINK he means that it analyzes (Remember, you can't spell analyze without "anal"...😁) the scenery and gives you a list of stuff that you can delete from the scenery and move it somewhere remote on the sim earth where it won't be loaded. Antarctica maybe... Russ
-
Why do scenery devs model pizza boxes, malls, bedrooms...?
It all adds vertices, which, when piled together, of course ultimately affects FPS...
-
Possible Simple Object Placer for MSFS2024?
Has this procedure been verified as accurate? One little mistake and the whole process falls apart... Which leads back to the purpose of my original post. As I said above: Click on the Library Object in a list to spawn it, (Should be a picture of the object when you click on it so you know what you actually have), adjust the postion, and forget about it. The next time you go to that airport, it's just THERE! THAT is what we need!
-
Possible Simple Object Placer for MSFS2024?
Indeed. Compare this to the procedure for using the FSReborn FBO placer. That was the whole point of my original post. If FSR can do that with their FBO's, why can't we come up with a way to do it with Library Objects?? (I looked at FSExplore and also FSFire, and they are still too involved for my tastes.) Click on the Library Object in a list to spawn it, (Should be a picture of the object when you click on it so you know what you actually have), adjust the postion, and forget about it. The next time you go to that airport, it's just THERE! THAT is what we need!
-
Seconds long pauses in flight
Well, I eliminated the Community folder and, of course, everything was smooth as silk. Now the fun begins, adding one thing at a time and testing it. I'm 75. Hope I have enough time left... 😄
-
Seconds long pauses in flight
Just took a flight and checked. It was on, so I turned it off. It was better, but I still had some stutters and pauses. The flight before that earlier this afternoon they were constant towards the end.
-
Seconds long pauses in flight
Just microstutters on the ground. In the air the pauses can last for 3-5 seconds or so. They happen while I'm just sitting there and when trying to switch views with chaseplane. I rarely do overwater flights, so I'm not sure about that...
-
Seconds long pauses in flight
Alright, I give up. How the heck do I get rid of these *word not allowed* seconds long pauses while I am flying? Didn't have them before the SU5 update. Everything was pretty smooth before that. I have watched a lot of useless videos and nothing seems to address the problem. Anyone have any insight? Russ
-
Possible Simple Object Placer for MSFS2024?
Well, the FSR Phenom FBO placer has shown that a simple object placer for MSFS2024 is definitely possible, bypassing the vastly overly complicated built in Scenery Editor. Wouldn't it be nice to have something similar that would work with all of the object libraries and allow us to place stuff on airports with a minimum of hair pulling? Open letter to someone out there who may know how to do this: PLEASE do it! I for one would pay to have a program like this, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Make it so! Discuss...