Sign in to follow this  
bobnv

[Resolved] How to "install" MyTraffic into V4

Yes I am following this but I can't find where to bring up the scenery Library within V4.  No world to click on except in options and that does not have add scenery anywhere.

Thanks

Darcy

2 minutes ago, Darcy said:

Yes I am following this but I can't find where to bring up the scenery Library within V4.  No world to click on except in options and that does not have add scenery anywhere.

Thanks

Darcy

This is my pathway

G:\Lockheed Martin\Scenery\World\scenery

I appreciate the help and maybe I am not very clear.  The step I am stuck on is that you are to load prepar3d and from within the program itself you are to add the scenery.  I cannot find the where inside prepar3d v4 you get to "add scenery" as per instructions.  Version 3 says click on world.  I click on world in options but there is nothing there about adding scenery.

Darcy

Okay I got it you have to launch a scenario to get to adding scenery.  So different from fsx.  

Darcy

Thanks got it now.  I was trying to do it from the opening options screen and once I loaded a scenario and went to World in that menu I found it.  I was looking for it, like fsx has it, in the opening menus.

Thanks for your time.  Air traffic is now working.

Darcy

do not go into options, its should be the forth one across from  the left

1 minute ago, Darcy said:

Thanks got it now.  I was trying to do it from the opening options screen and once I loaded a scenario and went to World in that menu I found it.  I was looking for it, like fsx has it, in the opening menus.

Thanks for your time.  Air traffic is now working.

Darcy

Excellent, glad to be of help. I know what its like.

32 minutes ago, glider_uk said:

The text box with the OK button must have the pathway to you Sim, not anything to do with traffic

myt1.jpg

When I go to "Manage Prepar3'D V2/V3"  and click ok it populates the box with "C:\MyTraffic Professional\Program Files (x86)\MyTrafficv3.   I click "OK" again and get "Localize Prepar3D v3" lower in the drop down is "manage simobjects.cfg-v3".   

In the Poppet directions is shows the "Manage Prepa3D V2/V3" as "MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic"   The "Program Files (x86) is not shown.   Not sure why that is.  However,

Should my actions be as follows:   Populate the the Manage Prepa3D V2/V3 with C:MyTraffic Professional\MyTrafficv4? Click OK?   Change to Localize Prepar3D v4 and Manage simobjects.cfg-v4?   

Just change it to your V4 location, e.g. x:\lockheed martin\prepar3d V4. then click ok. it will stay with that. all you need to do if using V3 is change it to V3 location and click ok again.

Sorry never read your full post,

The box only relates to the install path of your sims. I think your getting confused with the path for simobject.cfg.

Just edit that in notepad, everyone says notepad ++ but i used the normal one ok

8 minutes ago, glider_uk said:

Sorry never read your full post,

The box only relates to the install path of your sims. I think your getting confused with the path for simobject.cfg.

Just edit that in notepad, everyone says notepad ++ but i used the normal one ok

You may be correct on my confusion.  To be clear, I do this step in the MyTraffic configuration?   Populate the the Manage Prepa3D V2/V3 with C:MyTraffic Professional\MyTrafficv4? Click OK?

No, with the pathway to your sim, it cant do two sims at the same time so you will have to change the pathway to which sim you wan to use.