Happichap

Mr Alan Munro (Happichap)

Can you please advise how I can obtain download to allow installation of 737MGX onto FSX Steam?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

21 hours ago, Happichap said:

Can you please advise how I can obtain download to allow installation of 737MGX onto FSX Steam?

A few things to note:

1. Official support needs to go through the official support portal: support.precisionmanuals.com
  2. This information is in a number of spots: log in to our site, click View Previous Orders, and download from your existing order page
  3. I'd recommend thinking of more descriptive thread names in the future. Stating your name doesn't really offer much in the way of explaining the issues you're having. A more productive/useful title would have been "FSX Steam installation question" /issue/etc. Titles like that draw people in because they may know the answer to the title directly. Your name and username (the latter is already displayed by the thread title) doesn't really give anyone an idea of what the thread is about, or why they should click on it to read it.

Following on from what Kyle said, put your full name in your posts, not in the thread title. 

Regarding your question, there is no Steam download available for the NGX, or for any PMDG product. However this is not a problem. The installer for the FSX version of the NGX will install it into FSX-SE with no difficulty. The installation works slightly differently depending on whether you have FSX box installed as well as FSX-SE. 

Many thanks Kevinh for your reply to my enquiry last Sunday.  I am a confused 85 yr old simmer and my real problem is this.  The PC which had the PMDG 737 NGX has gone to the "Scrapyard in the Sky" taking the 737 with it.  My Registration Key appears to have expired and I am wanting to install the same software onto my new computer. I understand that this is possible although my version was a Boxed version as a gift in December 2013.  Can you please suggest how I should proceed ?? (:

Alan,

The boxed version you have was released before FSX Steam was available, so it isn't compatible. You need to download an update from the vendor (probably Aerosoft) which will bring your NGX up to date and allow you to install it in FSX Steam. I assume you still have the original serial key that came with the boxed version, as Aerosoft may need that to verify you are the owner before providing support. The key won't have expired.

https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

It might also be worth contacting PMDG support directly

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/

By the way, please sign every post in this forum with your full name. It's a PMDG rule we all have to comply with.

• Upvote 1