Sign in to follow this  
tecto

V3 sceneries compatibility with V4 - can I add them manually to v4?

I have both V3 and V4 installed. In V3 I have some addons like REX soft clouds as well as sceneries like FTX Global, openLC and some Aerosoft airports & FlyTampa.
I know that REX is compatible because I've already tried this - but what about sceneries?

I've noticed that many of users already are using FTX Global and openLC as well as mentioned airports. I don't know whether they installed a new V4-dedicated versions or they somehow transferred V3 into V4?

So currently I have all these sceneries installed on V3. Can I simply add them manually to V4 from V3 folder by "Scenery Library" in-game option?
Since I want to keep both V3 and V4 versions this can save some disk space.

Will it work properly?

36 minutes ago, tecto said:

I have both V3 and V4 installed. In V3 I have some addons like REX soft clouds as well as sceneries like FTX Global, openLC and some Aerosoft airports & FlyTampa.
I know that REX is compatible because I've already tried this - but what about sceneries?

I've noticed that many of users already are using FTX Global and openLC as well as mentioned airports. I don't know whether they installed a new V4-dedicated versions or they somehow transferred V3 into V4?

So currently I have all these sceneries installed on V3. Can I simply add them manually to V4 from V3 folder by "Scenery Library" in-game option?

Will it work properly?

No, you have to update FTX Center (or whatever it's called) and do of the Orbx updates through it.

57 minutes ago, tecto said:

Will it work properly?

The only way to properly add Orbx to P3DV4 is through FTX Central 3. There are differences in the files between P3DV3.4 and P3DV4. Under no circumstances would I try to run the old FSS installers into P3DV4. However, in the spirit of truthful communication, I have pointed the P3DV4 scenery library at scenery currently in P3DV3.4 and it does work. Some airports are simply not compatible, some work but have minor issues, some work just fine. Each time you run FTX Central 3, it will delete all the manual entries for Orbx that you have made to the P3DV4 scenery config. I do not think I am hurting anything because I am not moving folders. As each Orbx scenery becomes available, my plan is to delete the scenery config entry, and install the scenery into P3DV4 in the proper way through FTX Central 3.

Use at your own risk.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

So. Maybe I'll surprise you but I tried to do that - I've added mentioned sceneries manually and it looks that everything works correctly.

Some sceneries work when added manually, some do NOT work for me like Aerosoft EDDF and EDDH.

50 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Some sceneries work when added manually, some do NOT work for me like Aerosoft EDDF and EDDH.

Do you have issues with airport lighting and such? It occurs to me at some airport sceneries.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

8 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

Do you have issues with airport lighting and such? It occurs to me at some airport sceneries.

With EDDF and EDDH I have issues with ground textures. In eddf I see satellite images on the ground. In EDDH No ground textures at all....