Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Careanado 206 interior textures

Hey boys and girls! Do any of you fine chaps have an alternate set of 206 interior textures that you might let me have? I'm looking for tan or grey, but would take anything besides the red. Yes, I own a legal copy of the a/c. :-) Thanks! :-)

The interior textures are not suppose to be changed per Carenado, in fact, there are only 2 files authorized for changing...fuse.bmp & fuse2.bmp.In other words, I doubt you will get many replies ;)But, that said, I do wish there were some *availiable* third party options to download. We have had some great re-paints created, but the red does not always work well.Perhaps there will be options availiable to us when the Cargo/Amphib is released... ;)...or maybe not...just took a peek at the screenshot's, and they are all red as well.

Guest CWD

They specified only the exterior textures? That's odd, why would they care?

They probably wouldn't if you were changing them for yourself/personal use.I have changed some panel textures (.bmp's) to work better with my Reality XP stuff, but I would not release those files to the 'general public'.You can always ask them I guess.

Yeah, I did ask, but I haven't heard back from them. I guess they could surprise me. Well, in any case, I'd still like a new set if anyone wants to share. :-)

>Yeah, I did ask, but I haven't heard back from them. I guess>they could surprise me. Well, in any case, I'd still like a>new set if anyone wants to share. :-)Well, you can use DXTBMP to convert 'em back to 24 bit format, and then load 'em in Photoshop or Paintshop and use the color adjustment tools to make some changes... I've converted red to tan, green to blue, etc.It isn't that complicated... ;)When done, use DXTBMP to convert 'em back to the original format (probably DXT3).

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yea...everything is easy for ol'Bill;)

Yeah, but I don't own those programs. I spend my money on add-ons for FS, not $100 paint programs. I've seriously considered buying a paint program, but I get to thinking about all those a/c or scenery add-ons I could buy with that much cabbage. Thanks for the tip though.:-)best,