I found this online, download the files and placed them into Little Navmap\data\maps\earth\googlemapsterrain, but nothing happened...

BTW, Little Navmap is an awesome app, really wonderful! The only thing is I hope the visuals can be a little better and neat, such as the EFASS NG.

I don't know about the Google map files, never tried it. The included maps are good enough IMO and they are free too. Using Google map tiles without their API (which not available for C++ and therefore unusable by me) violates their TOS anyway. If I  would include the Google maps I could receive a friendly letter from Google like this gentleman.

On 19.6.2017 at 9:29 PM, jayren said:

I hope the visuals can be a little better and neat, such as the EFASS NG.

Errr, what in particular?

I plan to improve the text placement in the future and add more customzation options but that's all low priority. Too many other tasks to finish.

Alex

Alexander, thanks for responding.

I understand the issue and problem. The use of OSM-sources is ok and they will be update frequently in the OSC.

Are you planning to make different language-versions?

Anyway.. my flightsim-club is very enthousiastic about what you've made. Many compliments for that.

Thank you!

The program is prepared for translation.It can be done without even recompiling and creating a new release. Same for the manual.

I'm just waiting for volunteers.:smile:

Alex

Hi Theo,

Regarding the program translation:

There are around 2000 words or phrases. Many are duplicated and the translation can be partially automated by using phrase books. Not as scary as it looks.

Qt Linguist is used to create a translation. See user manual here.

Regarding the manual:

If somebody wants to translate the manual he just has to sign up to GitBook, clone my work and, once done, start a so called pull request. I'll take the changes in the request and add them to the manual. You can use an online or offline WYSIWYG editor or a simple markup language.

Alex

I'll think about if I can /like to make a dutch translation of your LNM-programm-code... perhaps you can send me a piece of code/text to get an impression..( please to my mailadres)

Something else.....

Using LNM with the OSM-map in e.g. Norway near ENDI-ENKL and activating the button " Show hillshading on map" the OSM-map is not ok, is not been displayed. In the bottom-line you see "Waiting for Data". In my test you see it at many places but it is only for a few seconds...l if you go to e.g. the Eifel or Alps...

I don't know what I can do to stimulate the mapdata-download c.q. I don't know if it is a LNM-problem of a OSN-thing. 

What is your advise to see the hillshaded map near ENDI?

Hope to hear

Theo

Hi Theo,

a dutch translation would be great but I don't know where to get your email address. Don't post it in the forum here, send me a mail. You can find my address in the about dialog or on my GitHub profile.

Regarding ENDI hills: The OSM elevation data and the hillshading is unfortunately limited to about 60 degrees north and south. Also a bigger part of South America and countries like New Zealand are not available. I usually use the OpenTopoMap or OpenMapSurfer (very grainy and they call it experimental therefore) when flying there.

The "Waiting for Data" always appears when the data (image or hillshading tiles) is not available. Can also happen when you zoom in too deep. This a part of the Marble widget I use to display the background map. Not sure if I can fix this.

Best,

Alex

Alex..

Thx for the explanation. I understand the 60 degrees thing.. It's a pitty.

Contact.. I found your personal github site but I'm not familair with this portal and can't find your contactaddress. Please look at my website theobrinkman.nl and use the contactpage.

I think that works also.

Good weekend

Theo

On 6/21/2017 at 5:04 AM, albar965 said:

I don't know about the Google map files, never tried it. The included maps are good enough IMO and they are free too. Using Google map tiles without their API (which not available for C++ and therefore unusable by me) violates their TOS anyway. If I  would include the Google maps I could receive a friendly letter from Google like this gentleman.

Errr, what in particular?

I plan to improve the text placement in the future and add more customzation options but that's all low priority. Too many other tasks to finish.

Alex

Thanks for reply Alex,

I think maybe a current trend in UI design is flat and minimalism. EFASS NG also use free OSM but seems a grey scale is applied to give a more elegant/neat look. Also it will be nice to be able to choose font and have more theme choice, along with better text placement. I guess these things are low priorities for other people. Attached are two pics for you, hope they help. 

Jay

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg