Sign in to follow this  
Sirxamoc

Time to take FS9 and others off life support

4 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello again Guys

Firstly let me apologise. I was sincerely and blissfully ignorant of these works in progress and recently developed.

I guess that I have become somewhat insular with my FS2004 and fly very happily with what I have got.  I do not follow the FS2004 forum except when it appears in the daily columns. Apart from that I fly mainly in OZ and Indonesia and use VOZ1.8 as the only freeware scenery package.  I am not aware of a good/great payware airport in Australia so have been content with that for a while and the same applies to Indonesia ... I use all of Sudi Bodionos' payware airports and no add on scenery.

All my aircraft are now payware too. I gave up on freeware aircraft many years ago and that is probably to my detriment. 

That then, is my reason for my incorrect statement. That plus many whinges about the lack of new scenery/aircraft and utilities for FS9. Strangely enough, I accepted those comments as fact and never followed it up. If anyone knows of relevant airports and or sceneries for my flight paths, please enlighten me.

So apologies again

Regards to all

Tony

It wouldn't have made a difference whether you followed the FS2004 forum or not, as TDS only posts in their Facebook groups. I suppose in theory, somebody else could have posted in the FS2004 forums. In any event, as far as airports, which simulator are you running. I would recommend FlyTampa Sydney, but if you're running FS2004, it won't help you.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I have a lot invested in FSX, but some of that was carried over from FS9. In the end, my software investment has been pretty significant (10k?), but it has been spread over 13 years. I just finished downloading P3DV4. It will be replacing FSX. I picked it over XP11, because the investment will not be as steep as a switch to XP11. Just like my switch from FS9 to FSX, some licenses will carry over. There may even be a license for something from FS9 (or maybe even FS2002) that has been upgraded at no cost over the years that will port over to P3D. In the end, switching over to P3D will not be starting over. It is more like I am evolving.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

On 7/12/2017 at 6:02 PM, WingZ said:

Can't take it with you, DJ.
Time to put the hammer down and get what you can, while  you can :)

Although in theory I agree with what you say, the trick is knowing how long one will be around and how much money will be needed for the "other" stuff during that time (unless,of course, one has a real abundance of money).

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado