Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Approach and Lift Dump

You don't need both if you aren't interested in the speed brake.

You should be at the Button + Switches tab.  Push the button you want to use to deploy the Lift Dump.  You should see a joysitck number (could be zero) and a button number in the middle of the FSUIPC box.  On the right, check the box that says "Select for FS control".  Click the down arrow to the right of the box that says "Control sent when button pressed"  A menu of functions should pop up.  Right at the top of that list should be "390 Dump:L:ASD 390 LEVER LIFT DUMP Set".

Select that and enter 1 into the parameter.  How we doing?

Problem, I assume.  Do you want to build the macro from scratch?

Well....I guess I lost you. 

23 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

Problem, I assume.  Do you want to build the macro from scratch?

Well....I guess I lost you. 

hahahaha I was jut waiting on you....Your post just appeared for me sorry guess I need to refresh

Jevon 

38 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

You don't need both if you aren't interested in the speed brake.

You should be at the Button + Switches tab.  Push the button you want to use to deploy the Lift Dump.  You should see a joysitck number (could be zero) and a button number in the middle of the FSUIPC box.  On the right, check the box that says "Select for FS control".  Click the down arrow to the right of the box that says "Control sent when button pressed"  A menu of functions should pop up.  Right at the top of that list should be "390 Dump:L:ASD 390 LEVER LIFT DUMP Set".

Select that and enter 1 into the parameter.  How we doing?

No 390 Dump:L:ASD 390 LEVER LIFT DUMP Set at the top of that list I only have "<Custom Control>"...........

Jevon 

should that macro file still be a .txt format in the module folder???? Mine is even thought its named what you said to name it......

Jevon 

10 minutes ago, Novej757 said:

should that macro file still be a .txt format in the module folder???? Mine is even thought its named what you said to name it......

It should not have ".txt" in the name.  It should be "390_Dump.mcro" (without the quotation marks). You can still open it with notepad, but it doesn't have ".txt" at the end of it.  

15 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

It should not have ".txt" in the name.  It should be "390_Dump.mcro"  You can still open it with notepad, but it doesn't have ".txt" at the end of it.  

hmmm it doesn't have .txt in the name but its still showing up as a TXT file...........

Scratch that yes it does......How did that happen I didn't add that??? I thought just putting the .mcro would change it no??

Jevon 

Let's build it from scratch.  Go to the desktop and right click.  Select "New" and "Text Document".  There should be a text document on your desktop named "New Text Document.txt"  Select the entire title and replace it with this...

390_Dump.mcro 

You will get a note from the computer whining about changing the extension.  Click "Yes"

Open the document and paste this into it.

[Macros]
1=L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP=Set

Save it and place it into the same folder as FSUIPC4.dll.  Should be the modules folder in FSX or P3D. 

1 minute ago, whamil77 said:

Let's build it from scratch.  Go to the desktop and right click.  Select "New" and "Text Document".  There should be a text document on your desktop named "New Text Document.txt"  Select the entire title and replace it with this...

390_Dump.mcro 

You will get a note from the computer whining about changing the extension.  Click "Yes"

Open the document and paste this into it.

[Macros]
1=L:ASD_390_LEVER_LIFT_DUMP=Set

Save it and place it into the same folder as FSUIPC4.dll.  Should be the modules folder in FSX or P3D. 

Ok sounds like a plan.  Does it matter that my new text document opens in notepad?

Jevon 

1 minute ago, whamil77 said:

That's perfectly OK. 

So I never got the whining about changing the extension part.......It let me name it that but kept it as a txt file :angry:

Jevon 

Another note.  You have to restart FSX/P3D each time you change a macro.  FSUIPC only loads properly formatted macros during simulator startup.  Changes made while the sim is running will not be loaded. 

Just now, Novej757 said:

So I never got the whining about changing the extension part.......It let me name it that but kept it as a txt file :angry:

How do you know it's a text file? What tells you that?  Does it say ".txt" at the end?

Just now, whamil77 said:

How do you know it's a text file? What tells you that?  Does it say ".txt" at the end?

right click Properties,  Type of file on the general tab.....

Jevon