Sign in to follow this  
redhead66

LSZB Bern Scenery

Yesterday I installed the LSZB scenery  for FSX.  It was yesterdays new addition in the library.  I tried to run it but kept getting OOM's  as it was loading.  I tried with all sliders at minimum but still with the same problem.  I have no problem with other big and complex sceneries such as EGLL from UK2000 and many others.  Was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.  Or was this scenery designed to run on a 64 bit simulator.

Running FSX SP2  Win 10 64 bit.  Ge Force GTX 970 and i7 4790K processor which runs 4.0 to 4.4GHz

Bob Palmer

Bob Palmer

Downloading now to try it!  Looks like a pretty hefty file!

UPDATE:  It ran OK, although a bit slow because of my computer specs.

I was able to start up my Baron 58 and taxi around.  Beware of hidden objects

on the the taxiway!

BERN.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks for that Charlie

I will give it another go.  Are you running FSX or P3D4, because as we all know OOM'S can be a problem with 32 bit as opposed to 64 bit systems.  Also do you have all the recommended object libraries installed.  Are your computer specs better than mine?

Bob Palmer

Bob Palmer

1 hour ago, redhead66 said:

Thanks for that Charlie

I will give it another go.  Are you running FSX or P3D4, because as we all know OOM'S can be a problem with 32 bit as opposed to 64 bit systems.  Also do you have all the recommended object libraries installed.  Are your computer specs better than mine?

Bob Palmer

I'm running FSX with SP2 on a rubberband powered computer.  2Ghz. AMD processor with 2 GB of memory.  I also did not install any of the recommended libraries.  Probably why I crashed into a hidden runway object.  Running Windows XP!  Did I just hear a few dozen Simmers fall out of their chairs?? :happy:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

By weird coincidence I will be flying to this airport tomorrow or Sunday in my world tour and I saw the addition to the library and thought "wow, good timing!". After installing as per the instructions and activating it with my trusty old SceneryConfigEditor v1.1.7, then updating Little Navmap to rebuild the database there,I fired up FSX just to make sure everything loaded but I got a couple of scenery.cfg errors referring to LSZP during the load up. I haven't actually gone to the airport or even loaded my flight to Bern yet so I don't know if it even worked. I was half asleep and just instinctively clicked "Ok".

I'll see what happens when I actually get into the simulator.

Will be extremely interested to know how you get on once you get into it!  Tried it again but with the same results OOM's.  Did another flight today using EGLL UK200 extreme without any problems.  Seems odd that only this scenery gives me the memory problems

Bob Palmer

Bob Palmer

I'll let you know for sure. I installed all of the extras recommended in the Readme file too and I'm running a extremely low end laptop that has no business running FSX:SE in the first place...lol.

Should be interesting. I've installed many freeware airports along the tour (about 30 of them) some of them being extremely high quality rivaling anything I've seen in payware and I've had no issues at all.

So, I flew from Rome to Bern yesterday using this scenery (after fixing the cfg error I was getting - I didn't unpack it properly...duh...lol) and had no issues other than it bringing my craptop to it's knees. I tend to fly into these heavy addons at medium settings then crank everything (except traffic) to maximum for my "beauty shots".

No OOM's or anything and the only weirdness I saw was a ground texture issue with some 2D shrubbery running across the runway 14 grass strip that runs parallel to the paved runway 14.

Edited to add - I'm (barely) running FSX:SE, with Window 7 Pro, on this:

2017-06-19 06_51_51-System

This, of course, is why I call it my "craptop"...lol

That's interesting.  Just makes me even more baffled as to why I cannot even load the scenery before I get OOM. 

Thanks for your reply!

Bob Palmer

Bob Palmer