Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Quite the scenery loss, by not running Max World Objects...

17 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Really?  Because I fly most of the time in SoCal (pilotedge) and max in LA area just crushes my performance.  I'd be at around 15 or so.  I've got the same rig I'm running my CPU at 4 ghz 

I don't know about anybody else, but in XP11, I can run just fine, right down to 15...no stutters, smooth animation.  No problem. I think that I will most certainly keep my i7-975 Extreme CPU!

25 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Well, if they want to call those flat pictures on the ground "objects," then sure!
 :biggrin:

There certainly are 3D objects, in the downtown, and in the strip 'burbs via an overlay. Absolutely. That long commercial warehouse in the distance, is all 3D upon ortho placement. 

5 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

There certainly are 3D objects, in the downtown, and in the strip 'burbs via an overlay. Absolutely. That long commercial warehouse in the distance, is all 3D upon ortho placement. 

I understand. I was referring to areas away from custom scenery. You know, like 99% of the rest of the world.  It's kind of important, for those of us who fly away from urban areas and big airports, and not always in the continental USA and Europe/UK.

There is a lot of cherry-picking being done in promoting AFS2, and that bowl of cherries doesn't represent the way all of us fly. :happy:

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Really?  Because I fly most of the time in SoCal (pilotedge) and max in LA area just crushes my performance.  I'd be at around 15 or so.  I've got the same rig I'm running my CPU at 4 ghz 

I don't seek out areas like LA. If I'm using Orthos and XP11, it's usually in areas I actually fly in real life.

I'm also at 4.7ghz.

I'm definietly looking to finally upgrade though soon. I'm waiting on Intel to release it's new line of chips, which should be 6 cores standard with high clocks to compete with Rzyen (unlike the older 6900k). I also hope by Nvidia's next release, I'll be able to pick up a used 1080 for under $500.