Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

Ops Centre won't Update

9 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Sounds like an antivirus is deleting the rest of the files. Disable antivirus completely and rerun the updater as admin. Make sure you've excluded that folder from scanning in your AV

Hi, thanks for answering! Well, actually, I have deleted antivirus programs a long time ago as it messed up P3D addons. So the only thing running is Firewall and Windows Defender. But I tried disabling both of these, run the installer again, but no luck.

Sadly, I think I might have screwed up something because I deleted all PMDG entries in Regedit, and I removed the PMDG folder in the start menu. Now, when I run the installer again, there is no folder appearing in the start menu, only in Program Files (x86). However, this folder (PMDG Operations Center) only contains three files: OpsCenterUpdater, PMDG_Icon and PMDG-OC-Manual. The updater, run as admin, only tries to connect before it quits. There is no sign of the PMDG Operations Center.exe file no where. Starting to pull my hair out now, really dont want to do a clean install...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

11 minutes ago, Fi5kuS said:

Hi, thanks for answering! Well, actually, I have deleted antivirus programs a long time ago as it messed up P3D addons. So the only thing running is Firewall and Windows Defender. But I tried disabling both of these, run the installer again, but no luck.

Sadly, I think I might have screwed up something because I deleted all PMDG entries in Regedit, and I removed the PMDG folder in the start menu. Now, when I run the installer again, there is no folder appearing in the start menu, only in Program Files (x86). However, this folder (PMDG Operations Center) only contains three files: OpsCenterUpdater, PMDG_Icon and PMDG-OC-Manual. The updater, run as admin, only tries to connect before it quits. There is no sign of the PMDG Operations Center.exe file no where. Starting to pull my hair out now, really dont want to do a clean install...

Hmmm. If you uninstall the NGX/777/747 (whichever you use) then reinstall with the latest installers, does the ops centre come back?

22 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Hmmm. If you uninstall the NGX/777/747 (whichever you use) then reinstall with the latest installers, does the ops centre come back?

My bad, apparently I had an older installer. Downloaded the most recent and now everything is working fine.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

6 hours ago, Fi5kuS said:

This is for the PMDg 747 in P3D v4. I have tried reinstalling several times with no luck. The only thing present is the updater, no operation center/livery manager.

Can you access our website at www.precisionmanuals.com?

Kyle Rodgers

I am having this issue now. OC tries to connect to server without success.... any Windows Defender/Avira AV disabled....

5 hours ago, mcox1986 said:

I am having this issue now. OC tries to connect to server without success.... any Windows Defender/Avira AV disabled....

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their rules ask that we sign our full names on all posts.

"I am having this issue now" is not describing your problem because there are multiple issues discussed in this thread.  You could have at least answered the last question posed by Kyle but I suggest that to improve your chances of getting help from other users (this is a user to user forum) you start a new thread and describe your problem.  You may prefer to seek support direct from PMDG in which case you should visit the PMDG Product Support portal, open a support account and submit a ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP