Sign in to follow this  
haeriphos

Three-character airport codes not working

I just installed 2.2.1.6 and manually updated AIRAC to 1706r4. I'm trying to plan a flight from 4U9 and got an error that I had to set the departure airport as the first waypoint of the flight plan. I tried making 4U9 the destination (from KDLN) and was told that it was unable to locate waypoint 4U9 in the database. I've tried some other three-character airports (6S1, 7S1) and have the same problem. A nearby tiny airport with a four-character code (MT05) works fine. However, I can pull up Taxi Maintenance and browse to 4U9 without any difficulty.

Disregard, looks like Navigraph has a K in front of my three letters, so K4U9 works. I'll try some others but I assume that's what the problem was.

In the US, the 3 Ltr ICAO codes are preceded by a K.

You should upgrade to AIRAC 1707 ASAP as 1706, which is in the old format, may cause CTDs in version 2216.

Dave

When exporting a flight plan to X Plane, if the destination US airport is a 3 Ltr code, I have been having to edit the .fms file to remove the leading "K". The X Plane GPS will not recognize it with the leading "K" added to the identifier.

Bruce

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to fix this since it is in the data. 

I'll add it to the list of things to try and fix in the future.

Thanks,

Dave