Sign in to follow this  
sammy031

Unable to get VFR Flght following after 2.2.18

SInce the 2.2.1.8 update, I am no longer able to get flight following. Even using the Say It function still does not work. This has happened on 2 different flights since the update. Here is an excerpt from the log showing what is happening.

Recognized Speech: Skyhawk Three Lima Siera would like VFR flight following from Kilo Papa India Romeo Two Kilo Delta Zero Seven At Six Thousand Five Hundred Feet 20:47:58
Stopped Listening
HandleInitialContact 20:47:58
SpokenRandomGreeting 20:47:58
HandleInitialCenterContact 20:47:58
CheckSquawkCode 20:47:58
SpeakAltimeterSetting 20:47:58
ControllerChanging: False : 06/28/2017 20:47:58
InterruptAudio in SayPhrase Skyhawk Three Lima Siera  good evening .  Squawk One Two Zero Zero 06/28/2017 20:47:59
OnSynthSpeakCompleted 06/28/2017 20:48:05
UnInterruptAudio in OnTTSWavePlaybackStopped SugRes:~Squawk One Two Zero Zero Skyhawk Three Lima Siera
 06/28/2017 20:48:05

ATC will not give me a squawk code other than 1200.

Tried again last night and I was able to get flight following from the ground at a controlled airport prior to departure, but still cannot get it after departure from a non towered airport while in the air. ATC keeps telling me to squawk 1200.

Hi Dave, I can not say thank you enough for your consistent presence and hard work on your terrific app!

I too had some problems with the request of VFR flight following in XP. And I realized that the answer arrived if I didn't mentioned the altitude desired.

Well, to be clearer, if I made a request without the altitude (both fligh level XXX or XXXX feet) I got the answer, instead, if I added the altitude I never get it. Maybe did you find a bug related to this issues?

Another little thing: when I receive the VFR clearence for the VFR flight following and I reply with "Cleared VFR to..." Tower reproaches me that I have not given any clearence! 

Best,

Marco

Marco,

Are you requesting clearance for a filed flight plan while on the ground from clearance delivery or are you requesting VFR Flight Following from xxx to yyy?

Perhaps you can email me the log file with the error in it.

Thanks,

Dave