Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

P3D V4 Nvidia Inspector Settings

6 minutes ago, GSalden said:

4096 is too heavy on a triple view system

Triple view system maybe you are right. I don't have 3 monitors but just one. I don't have room for more monitors and no plan to have them.

Patricio Valdes

29 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Triple view system maybe you are right. I don't have 3 monitors but just one. I don't have room for more monitors and no plan to have them.

The bottom line for us all : If we are satisfied with our Sim , then that’s all that counts :cool:

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

40 minutes ago, GSalden said:

The bottom line for us all : If we are satisfied with our Sim , then that’s all that counts :cool:

This is what I get big difference textures at 1024, 2048 and 4096. I set P3D v4.1 at textures 4096 without problems.

DDWashX1024.jpg
DDWashX2048.jpg
DDWashX4096.jpg

• Upvote 1

Patricio Valdes

Hello everyone,

While my system was looking good without any external software and screen set to 30 Hz and P3D v4.1 set to VSync ON/TB ON and locked to 60 (unlimited used to give me blurring in my previous rig, and still didn't bother testing the new one), the mouse sluggishness caused by the 30 Hz bothered me to a certain extent. Then I tried NVidia Inspector (which I used in the FSX DX10 times with great results), but nothing seems to work as expected. Basically I'm expecting two things:

1) Use NVidia Inspector own AA in lieu of the one inside P3D (used to be 8x MSAA, since SSAA didn't worth due to bad performance), but the few options I have already tried seem to not work, jaggies everywhere, especially default airports (runway edges and stripes);

2) And the main expectation, which is the capability of having "VSync 1/2" with the screen set to 60 Hz (which is the maximum value the driver will allow me to set). Trying this with internal VSync OFF and FPS set to unlimited doesn't seem to work, since the FPS goes beyond 30 (60/2) and causes lots of stuttering. I even tried setting those GSync settings to windowed, etc, but no luck.

Now I'd like to ask if anyone has success in these approaches, especially #2.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Interesting discovery.

With Nvidia's 388.13 in Win 10 with all the updates, I actually held around 30 fps with 1/2 refresh set in inspector, even with unlimited fps. After a few minutes of flying fast, scenery did get blurry, but a setting of 60fps yielded an ultra smooth simulation with no blurries. This is the first time Ive seen this in P3d v4.2 and my 1080P monitor.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has this result.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

9 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Use NVidia Inspector own AA in lieu of the one inside P3D

Nvidia Inspector works fine with FSX. I don't use it for P3D v4. I adjust display inside of P3d (Options) with very good results

Patricio Valdes

18 hours ago, DJJose said:

Interesting discovery.

With Nvidia's 388.13 in Win 10 with all the updates, I actually held around 30 fps with 1/2 refresh set in inspector, even with unlimited fps. After a few minutes of flying fast, scenery did get blurry, but a setting of 60fps yielded an ultra smooth simulation with no blurries. This is the first time Ive seen this in P3d v4.2 and my 1080P monitor.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has this result.

It didn't work for me, unless I locked the FPS either internally or externally, anyhow this is against the idea of having VSync activated.

What I'm doing now, as a temporary approach in order to evaluate how things go, is to lock to 30 FPS on NVidia Inspector and disable everything regarding VSync, either internally or externally, and also set to unlimited inside P3D (still v4.1 for the next weeks) As to antialiasing I gave up NVidia Inspector, the internal settings showed better for performance and quality. I'm currently using 8x MSAA because anything stronger than that will affect significantly the performance during heavy cloudy conditions and at night with dynamic lights. 4k really bottlenecks my 1080TI unlocked and overclocked.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

I forgot to mention that I did only one flight for now, about 1 hour enroute, and the results seemed very promising. Maybe I've noticed A BIT more stuttering than 30 Hz, maybe not, and the mouse response of course was much more comfortable. And no blurries despite being unlimited internally.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

15 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Nvidia Inspector works fine with FSX. I don't use it for P3D v4. I adjust display inside of P3d (Options) with very good results

I can't depend only on P3D internal options because I usually get lots of stuttering, unless I set the screen (4k) to 30 Hz, which makes things a bit uncomfortable.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

7 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

I can't depend only on P3D internal options because I usually get lots of stuttering, unless I set the screen (4k) to 30 Hz, which makes things a bit uncomfortable.

I have Dell monitor Dell 24 Gaming Monitor – S2417DG which can work up to 165 Hz and no issues. If I use Nvidia Inspector then it creates me problems.

Patricio Valdes