Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

Extract MSFlight aircrafts to FSW?

I wonder if this is possible. I loved MSFlight, but it`s dead sadly.

I just asked myself if it is possible to convert my beloved MSFlight CarbonCub SS and Maule into the "succesor" FSW.

I won't say it not possible, but I think based on the level of difficulty in importing FSX aircraft into Flight, It would be a serious project.

Interesting question, however.

I think before I expended a lot of effort, I would ask DTG what there stance on this might be.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I was wondering about this, too. All of the aircraft from Flight (with cockpits, anyway) would be great to have in FSW.

Brandon Filer

Hi,

Unfortunately FSW has its roots in the MS Flight Simulator franchise not in MS Flight.  Adapting an aircraft from Flight to FSW seems like a step backwards.

From an economic standpoint It's understandable that adapting the complete FS series would be a lot simpler than using Flight as the basis for a new simulator but regrettable.

Jim F.

• Upvote 2

You would need the Granny 3D SDK for that. Spoiler: It's pretty expensive.

I don't even know if the process can be reverted but to go from .model to .max is a tough challenge on its own. Most likely, you will lose all the animation and bone bindings which would have to be redone. You could easily, however, get a static model of it for Ground AI.