Sign in to follow this  
Upkeep

Ortho4xp crashes XP10 and 11 on loading

Dear all,

i hope someone can help me. I have run Ortho4xp to produce a tile but when I load this in Custom Scenery and run XP, both 10 and 11, XP crashes to desktop. When I look at the log I see it crashes when loading the tile but gives no indication as to why. I just get a CTD with no message concerning missing textures etc. I have tried producing the tile several times in Ortho4xp but always with the same result. It is a large tile in the region of 7gb and is produced in zoom 17/19, Ie, 19 fir airports etc, 17 for rest. 

I am not sure what I am doing wrong  I have tried Build Tile a number of times to check everything has been downloaded and it appears that the orthophotos are complete as nothing  more is downloaded each time  

Could  the file just be too big for XP to process? I have not had problems with other photosceneries and other Ortho4xp files work OK  

Would appreciate any help. Thank you very much

Upkeep

Two things you can check:

1) That the crash isn't caused by another scenery, ie. Try disabling them

2) Go into the ortho textures directory that you generated and look for any DDS files that are 0kb in size. They should be around 11mb each, so if you see anything under that then it could be a corrupt texture. If you find one, delete it and regenerate the tile.

Tony is right , it happens with me so i just regenerate that tile

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Thanks very much for the very quick replies. Much appreciated. I will check the size of all the DDS files as you suggest.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Upkeep

I concur with both suggestions, above.  Very good ones!

You will be successful,  hunker in...and when you do....there will be a tile-generating free-for-all, at your residence....with no turning back, LOL!  Good luck. :)

Thanks all of you. You were right of course!  That was exactly the problem. I am glad I asked the question. Also, I love Sesquashtoo's enthusiasm and thank you for your good luck. Nearly wasted 7gb!

thanks again to you all

upkeep