Ron Attwood

Alaska while it's still light!

If we're short of a plan one Saturday I have a couple up my sleeve. One is pretty much a tour round and the other is a little different. :gaul:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I will prey for rain....which is not in the forecast....there is not much chance of me flying these days with the weather so gorgeous...too much to do outside. But we shall see...I do have a new headset though and it would be great to give it a test drive.

This is one of those flights that can go either way. By that I mean success and accolades or failure and ignominy. 

We'll start at PAAQ, Palmer Municipal and finish at Palmer Municipal. In between are four or five obligatory full stop landings. In between those stops you have to do as many T&Gs as you can.

I have tried the principal and it's fine with the proviso that the weather is sensible. When I tried the clouds were touching the ground! NOT recommended.

There is a very interesting history of the area I've no doubt. :smile:

Orbx Southern Alaska scenery.

Aircraft: The temptation is for the Milviz Beaver but it needs more runway than is sometimes on offer! I'm looking at a C172 or C182 maybe. Some of you may like to try the DC6.

27 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Some of you may like to try the DC6.

Or possibly the An2, any amount of runway is just fine.