Sign in to follow this  
Manny

NGX DEFAULT start Low Oil Pressue

After Installing the new NGX 737 I started a new flight with NGX WL

It all looked good, within a min while on the ground I got Low Oil  Pressure warning. This was not cold start. This is the default start.

Any idea why that is? what should I do to mitigate that? 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

After Installing the new NGX 737 I started a new flight with NGX WL

It all looked good, within a min while on the ground I got Low Oil  Pressure warning. This was not cold start. This is the default start.

Any idea why that is? what should I do to mitigate that? 

So the aircraft loaded up, went through the initialise phase, and engines were running? Then 1 min later low oil pressure? 

11 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

So the aircraft loaded up, went through the initialise phase, and engines were running? Then 1 min later low oil pressure? 

yes. I was turning on the lights after loading the aircraft.

I have not tried it the second time...  I am just flying around enjoying the NGX after all the reinstall of the liveries and everything. Tweaking/fixing vs Flying (enjoying the sim)  Ratio needs to be maintained.  :)

Manny

Do you have the service based failures enable? If yes with what rate? Did you check if there was any active? maybe you were "lucky" and got a failure.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

12 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Do you have the service based failures enable? If yes with what rate? Did you check if there was any active? maybe you were "lucky" and got a failure.

Hmm.,.. I do not know what that is. :)

I did not enable anything, change any default..  I just installed and took my first  flight.

But the second time../ I did the same aand this time I did not get that message.. So I guess, it was just a one time thing...oh well! I ought not have started this thread based on one incident! MEa Culpa! 

Manny

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Hmm.,.. I do not know what that is. :)

I did not enable anything, change any default..  I just installed and took my first  flight.

Check out the Service Based Failures information in "PMDG-737NGX-Introduction.pdf" which among other documentation is installed along with the aircraft. See specifically pages 73 and 80-96 to get you started.

This is no superficial little feature. PMDG spent a ton of time on it using actual Boeing failure statistics and applied this data to a huge number of the aircraft's systems. The list of affected systems is more than seven pages long. It's all fully explained throughout the documentation and adds a whole lot of realism to the experience of flying the NGX. Have fun!

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration