Sign in to follow this  
flightsimuser1962

LINDA does not interact with Saitek

Hello, friends. I have a problem, that I cann not solve without your kind help.

The thing is, that I can not assign any functions to my Joysticks and instruments via LINDA.

I have P3D 3.x and I operate the Sim with the PMDG 737 NGX.

I installed LINDA as reqiured and copied the additional files for the PMDG 737 NGX.

LINDA is runnung and the SAITEK Instruments and Joystick, Throttle and the Rudder are listed in the Joystick Setup menu. I switched them all to "Enabled" and saved the configuration.

In the LINDA Setup Menu the Saitek Panels are switched on, and the Drop Down Menu above shows the PMDG 737 NGX.

In the Configuration list all Joysticks and Devices are shown and the green mesage says "Everything is ok".

In case of the fact, that I do not use VRinsight MCP Combo, there are  three red messages at the Combo Section:

1. Device disabled

2. COM Port not set

3. No (VRINSIGHT) entry.

just right of the red messages is again the green message "Everything is ok!"

The next entree shows the headline Flt Sim/ FSUIPC configs

Again a green message is on the right site "Everything is ok!"

But under the headline there is standing, in red letters: "Flt SIM or FSUIPC is not running. (I do not understanbd why, cause FSUIPC is running, I operate functions with it and it is the full registered version.)

And right under  in grey letters: "FSUIPC files found"

So what is going wrong here, that I cannot assign any functions to the hardware?

I am looking forward to your helpulf answers and suggestions.

Sincerely

Robert

Robert Hammer

Hi Robert

The first thing you need to check is that you are using a registered copy of FSUIPC4. Although LINDA checks that the right files are installed it will not communicate with FSUIPC4 unless you brought and entered the registration code. 

Secondly, for LINDA to control the Saitek Panels internally you need to enable Saitek Panels on the Setup LINDA page AND disable the Radio and Multi Panels on the Setup Joystick page. The Switch Panel must be enabled. 

Please note that few Saitek panel functions will work with the PMDG 737 NGX due to the non-standard interface. This is the same for other more sophisticated aircraft add-ons. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi ScotFlieger,

thanks for answering. I have an already registered and full version of SFUIPC on my computer. The "about" page in FSUIPC says also, that the version is registered to my name.

After I did as you advised in the second chapter of your post, I must sadly say, it the same problem as it was before. No assignments possible.

Robert Hammer

I just wanted to eliminate the obvious first - I spent sometime on a similar problem recently only to find it was an unregistered FSUIPC that was the cause.

The next thing you need to do is follow the Fault Diagnosis thread above this one and send me the log files. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1. LINDA application version (go to LINDA Settings/About). 

It is the version 3.0.1.711

2. LINDA module name and version (in LINDA header).

It is the Module PMDG 737 NGX, Version 4.8

3. FSX or Prepar3D (P3D) version.

P3D 3.4.22.19868

4. Aircraft model and version.

PMDG 737 NGX 

5. What were you trying to do (ie. connecting, programming functions, operating panel, etc).

As I described up in the first post.

6. A detailed description of what the problem is. Comments like “It doesn’t work” are not very helpful.

as written in the upper post.

7. When requested or when red errors reported or when requested please do the following:

Go to LINDA Setup page.

Tick Developer Mode, GUI and LUA boxes.

Select VERBOSE from the download menu.

Open Console.

Restart your Flt Sim and LINDA.

Run Flt Sim to reproduce error.

Email FSUIPC4.LOG and LINDA2.LOG files (in /modules/ folder) to LINDA @ awginfosys.net (remove spaces).

You may need to remove a block on logging in FSUIPCx.ini. You need to open it in the editor and search for the line LogOptionProtect and change it to NO.

With this information I will try to offer help to get user flying with LINDA.

I must do it later. I will be back and report. But only tomorrow, not today. Time goes by fast and I have to work.

Robert Hammer

Hi,

I have just installed LINDA 3.0.1.711 to use with P3D 4.0.28.216.86 FSUIPC 5.103 registered. Running on Win10. 

I am experiencing a similar issue except LINDA is not interacting with any device. When LINDA (top left corner 3.0.1 for 64bit) is open it displays:

Everything is ok! For all items in the checklist including Joysticks / HID Devices and Flt Sim / FSUIPC configs.

I have attached a GoFlight Yoke, a Saitek Throttle, and XKeys XK-16 HID all showing and enabled.

When I press a button on any device it is not recognised in LINDA 3.0.1.711 .

I still have P3D v3 installed and had LINDA 2.8.5 running. (I never updated LINDA while using P3D v3 to a newer version as all was working with nil issues and doing what I needed it to do.) I closed all down loaded open the config for older version just to test all was being recognised and it was. In case there was some conflict I backed up Modules in V3 and upgraded LINDA to the new version 3.0.1.711 in P3Dv3 as well.

Once installed I opened the updated LINDA installed P3Dv3 (opened as for FSX/P3D 32bit) it again registered everthing is ok! I select aircraft or add new then go to joysticks and press a button on any of the devices and it doesnt recognise it.

Maybe I am missing something here.

I put the old version 2.8.5 back on the P3Dv3 installation and LINDA recognises the button presses and I can assign functions and use in the sim. 

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi Bruno

Welcome to the LINDA forum, if not to LINDA. 

Check that you have FSX Sync-ed. Without this LINDA will not see or react to any button pushes. 

If the problem persists, please follow the Diagnosis thread above this one and email me you log files. This is help me get you working. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

Issue is before even getting inside the sim as not getting that far. Here is an example of what I am talking about. LINDA where you go to config the keys on 3.0.1 say I press button 5 on XK-16 it doesn't highlight button 5 as if it doesn't recognise the button being pressed. (Image to show example below).

gDeV4IDl.png 

So even if something gets assigned to that key when you go to the sim even with it showing as sync nothing happens.

As with LINDA I had installed previously 2.8.5 when you press say the same key as above it goes to and highlights which key was pressed. In sim all works fine. (Image to show example below).

fsCPuHKl.png When

Below are a couple of other images to show all else reads ok.

xJWHsGDl.png

vdh0Kmcl.png

oAIy5Tjl.png

If get a chance I can try to get you a log file. I took some screenshots just quickly as I am off to work. Maybe someone with same issue will beat me to it an get you a log file. Although I don't think the log will show you anything as LINDA appears to not be registering that keys are being pressed. 

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi Bruno

Have you copied your existing config-hid.lua files for each aircraft from your 2.8.5 installation to the P3Dv4 installation? For each Flt Sim you need to have a unique installation with full copy of LINDA, FSUIPCx and your configuration.

Copy from \fsx\modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\{aircraft}\ to \p3dv4\modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\{aircraft}\ the following files:

• config-hid.lua
  • config-mcpX.lua (for those users with VRi MCP panels)

Also as mentioned, you need to ensure that FSX Sync is enabled (aircraft name outlined in orange). This is essential for LINDA to work.

The Everything is OK messages simply state that all the Joystick/Devices, MCP Combo and FSUIPC files are as expected. The message does not mean that you have copied the required files or made fresh assignments to you device buttons.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe you are not understading what I am trying to say I have probably confused you by posting the last 3 screenshots. So I will try again.

Let's ignore the sim for the moment. If you open Linda select an aircraft and press the 'Joysticks' button directly underneath the aircraft drop down. It will take you to the page to setup your buttons. Now if you press a button on one of the joysticks it will take you to the relevant joystick and highlight the button you have pressed. As shown on the second picture above. (This is not happening for 3.0.1 it is not the button has been pressed).

What I am trying to say is LINDA knows the devices exist but it is not acknowleging inside itself when the button is pressed.

Within LINDA 3.0.1 on the picture example below (even without the sim being open) when I press the 'button 5' on the XK-16 the number 5 on the left hand column should highlight dark blue and it is not. I am aware there are no assignments below as I had not set them up yet but the button should still highlight as it did on previous LINDA versions as it was acknoledging the button press.

gDeV4IDl.png

Cheers,

Bruno

40 minutes ago, BrAus said:

Within LINDA 3.0.1 on the picture example below (even without the sim being open) when I press the 'button 5' on the XK-16 the number 5 on the left hand column should highlight dark blue and it is not. I am aware there are no assignments below as I had not set them up yet but the button should still highlight as it did on previous LINDA versions as it was acknoledging the button press.

Hi Bruno

It is I who is not making himself understood. In your example the line will not highlight as you expect unless LINDA is connected to the Sim through FSUIPC5. This requires the FSX Sync to be applied (aircraft name outlined in ORANGE). Without this there is no communication from your joystick and LINDA so you will get no indication.

No FSX Sync = no button push detected

FSXSync-1.JPG

FS Sync = button push detected [aircraft name must be outlined in Orange]

FSXSync-2.JPG

I hope this helps your understanding.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank you Andrew. This whole confusion came from 2.8.5 behaving differently for me. I am not sure if it's because there was a change or some for some odd reason that version worked differently for me which suited me fine as I preferred it that way. Anyway it's working and that is all that matters. So thank you and apologies for the confusion. 

4 minutes ago, BrAus said:

Thank you Andrew. This whole confusion came from 2.8.5 behaving differently for me. I am not sure if it's because there was a change or some for some odd reason that version worked differently for me which suited me fine as I preferred it that way. Anyway it's working and that is all that matters. So thank you and apologies for the confusion. 

You are very welcome. 2.8.5 is an old version and there have been internal changes (which I can't remember) that may be causing the differences you were seeing.  PS. LINDA 3.0.1 works with all FSX/P3D Flt Sims.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello:

First of all, congratulations for this new launch of LINDA 3.01. The interaction with Saitek panels is what I have been wishing since my first contact with LINDA.

However, I'm facing an issue with my radio panel. Despite it is full operational in terms of changing the values on the aircraft, the display is almost full black. It only shows QHY in XPDR mode, and a '0' at the last right position when in DME mode. Nothing more.

I've tryed both with default and A2A aircrafts and its behavior is the same.

The Multipanel is working beautifuly!