Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

Sayit

Hi,

Is it necessary to do the voice training if I don't intend to use a microphone, only the Sayit button?  I have a network setup with the client running on Windows 7 inside a virtual machine on an iMac.  I run all my flightsim software like this.

I can connect fine and when I press the 'test controller frequency and voice' I hear the response just fine.  This is after filing a flight plan.  However, when I switch to Clearance and press Sayit I get no response?

Help appreciated.

-Dean

When you press the SayIt button, what is in the Speech Text Window?  You must have a phrase starting with a ~ in order for SayIt to work

Also, you must have the "Show In-Line Grammar Help" option checked on the P2A-Setup tab of Config in order for these phrases to show up.

To work correctly, P2A must detect a Microphone as the default sound input device.  You don't have to train the recognizer engine if you're not going to be talking to the program.

What system are you using for the Flight SIM?  Is it on a MAC also?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, it was a simple case of the chat window not having focus.  Once it had turned blue I got the appropriate response.

XPlane 11 and P3Dv4 are running on an i7 PC running Win 10.  I look forward to trying both sims tomorrow!

Cheers.