Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

690B Discrepancy List

On 11/12/2017 at 5:05 AM, J35OE said:

I know this article but I can't find the part where he says that 'the communtiy is often wrong'.

I think the quote being referenced by @rightseat is this:

Having said that, I could say that we read some customer’s comments in forums. Their feedback is very important, but not always correct. Some people post topics about how they would like a particular instrument to work, not how it actually works. We have to ponder each comment.

My reaction was not quite as dramatic, but I did find it ironic in the sense that Carenado's interpretation of systems and avionics is frequently and obviously wrong.  Many community members spend time acquiring and pouring over real manuals for the aircraft in question, but Carenado's devs don't make any attempt to discriminate between the feedback of a knowledgeable vs basic user.  I have had interactions with Carenado developers where they remained incredulous in spite of clear evidence provided.  An example of this would be the Phenom 300 Navigraph Extension...the GPS CDI aligns itself to true course vs magnetic, even in the latest update.  I thought that was a laughable and easily-fixed mistake, but when I wrote them about it ad nauseum, I was blown off.

• Upvote 2