Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

best traffic tool?

Guest phildoe6

hi there,could anyone tell me wich is the best and most easy to use traffic tool for fs9? I

Not to be rude, but there is a search feature and this has been discussed in great length. Bottom line, there is no perfect tool. The best AI comes from doing it yourself as the packages available don't have enough flightplans and also lack the best models for it. I'd go with Ultimate Traffic and then once you get the interface figured out, swap out the airraft for better models.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

" Not to be rude, but there is a search feature and this has been discussed in great length.""Bottom line, there is no perfect tool. The best AI comes from doing it yourself as the packages available don't have enough flightplans and also lack the best models for it. I'd go with Ultimate Traffic and then once you get the interface figured out, swap out the airraft for better models" Hi Phil, I read the other post and it bothered me since although he said his respomse was "not to be rude", in my opinion, (which may not be much in this enviorment sometimes), it came off that way since instead of helping you with your qestion he tells you to go somewhere else to get your answer by using the search feature. My problem with that is that this forum is a search feature. People discuss and search for answers by asking questions from people who may have an experience or an answer to their question or problem. I see by the number of your posts that you may not be as knowlegable about this hobby as some. I see by the number of posts he has made and the date he became a member of this forum that he may have forgotten what it is like to be a "Newbie" I could be misreading his post because I've read many times where he has been pretty helpful in his answers to questions, but then again there are other times...In any case, he is right when he says that there is no perfect traffic tool. That's his opinion, but not what you asked. You asked for the best and most easy to use. I think if you wait a while you're going to get some suggestions from others who find that in their experience there is one or two that meet your criteria in whole or in combination depending on what you are looking for. If you are looking to boost your traffic start with www.projectai.com.Why? Because it is really easy to use and to obtain freeware ai and it has packages which already have the flight plans included. Having said that, by my experience which I promise you is not very lengthly, you're going to eventually find that there are other AI aircraft designs out there which are better visually and don't kill your frame rate as much since that is a concern to you. AIA, EvolveAI, CDAI, FSP are among the several AI models which are better on frame rate and I agree you will eventually think about changing them out. I agree that making your own traffic is something you are going to want to learn to do. I don't agree that you have to go out and buy it as suggested. If you have no desire to learn how to work with ai, or traffic plans and schedules then by all means buy one of the addons.But why buy a program that you can get for free when you are going to change out the aircraft anyway with other aircraft you are going to get for free? It's about "time". I plan to buy Ultimate Traffic. Why? Because it seems to be the most popular. But, i keep reading that others have other opinions of other like programs. the reason I am going to buy the program versus staying completly freeware is because I'm impatient and I need some stabilization. I've found that doing AI is addicting and sort of a hobby within the hobby, so having a traffic program allows me to have what I need, when I need, where I need til I am able to get it "HOW" I need it.You also might want to look at AI Taffic Mover. It is a freeware Traffic program that will be really useful to you. Look for aitm12sp1.zip in the library.AI Traffic Mover makes AI Traffic much more realistic. AITM includes several Tools that allowsyou to rearrange, move, export, analyze, optimize, edit aircraft properties and much more.AITM Projects help to merge and compile several Flightplans in just one step and with theAircraft Editor you can easily change aircraft properties. The Aiport Timetable feature printsa complete time sheet for the arrivals/departures for your favorite airport (and overlays).Easily resize airport gates for all installed airports.( this is from the "readme" file.there is a program in the library called ttool202.zip. I don't know if it works in FS9 because I personally haven't tried it yet. But it says it does and from what the read me says it does you might wish to try it.There are more and I keep finding them. Do use the search feature, but continur to ask any question youlike. There may be some who might make you feel that your questions are dumb and that you are dumber for asking them, but I guarantee you, there are many out there who will answer the same question over and aver again if they have to to ensure that you or I have the oppurtunity to enjoy this thing we have as they do.I only gave you a couple of places to look, but they should get you started. They may not be the best or easiest to use because that particular criteria hasn't been invented yet. Too many people making better mouse traps even as I speak. But wait a while. People smarter than I will be up to give you the help you need.BTW...Flight plans are different than flight scedules. Two different beasties. But easily available.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

I use Traffic 2005. Works Great. All the airlines nd flights you could possibly ask for. The models are not as good as Ultimate Traffic but then, the fps are high! i love it and couldn

Johan,Have you tried UT and if so what was the determining factor as to which one to keep? Did you have to change out aircraft to make it better? Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)