Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Anyone using UTLive and ORBX EU England

When I converted to P3Dv4 for some reason I didn't get much AI aircraft even though the AI was turned up in Options, so I purchased UT Live to add some non default Airline AI.

I also have ORBX EU England scenery which adds some more detailed airfields.  When flying out of Gatwick (EGKK) I noticed the AI are landing and taking off from runway 26R/08L which is not a normal active runway.

UT Live support says this is an AFCAD issue and I need to speak to ORBX and when I contacted ORBX they blamed UT Live ??

Has anyone else noticed this at Gatwick, I normally use UK2000 but they don't have a 64bit version yet.

Glen

Yes same here, its the orbx afcad, you can edit it and close the runway I think or install Uk2000 EGKK using the method Gary describes on the forum. For me i will wait until the new version is out next month

Thank you for your reply.

I notice all the UK2000 Xtreme airfields are now converted to P3Dv4 as of today EXCEPT Gatwick - just my luck, as you say waiting for a new version.

Bit annoyed ORBX blamed UTLive and refuse to look into this AFCAD problem.

Glen

Hi Glen, I had this problem. I have Orbix Global, Orbix England, UTLive & and some UK2000 airports (with work arounds to run in P3Dv4). It does seem to be an Orbix problem, as it tries to put all of its scenery at a higher priority than the airports you have, in the scenery library. What was happening at say Gatwick was the UTLive traffic was not lining up right with the taxi lines and as you say traffic taking off and landing on R/W 08L/26R. What you need to do is go into the menu when the sim is running and into "World-Scenery Library" and make sure any "FTX_EU_EG" and "ORBIXOPENLC" (if you have Orbix Global installed) is a lower priority than any airports, same for the Orbix_Libs. The problem also is when you install any new updates from Orbix it puts all their stuff back to high priority again so you have to go in and change it. When I lowered all the orbix files, the UTLive traffic lined up perfect on the taxi lines and no more landing on 08L/26R at Gatwick. Hope this helps.

John. 

John, you are somewhat wrong. New ORBX entries are at higher priority ONLY if you did not adapt FTX Central correctly. You MUST tell it in Settings where to put FTX scenery entries and below that FTX entries openLC.

If you did that all ORBX at sit in their correct position in Scenery.cfg and will always remain there. There is no need at all for manual repositioning. Workarounds in v4 however....

Kind regards

Fritz

I don't have any 3rd party airfields like UK2000 installed in V4 only EU England so I think the scenery order in my case is irreverent.

I reposted the problem in the ORBX forum and they keep moving my post to the FTX Compatibility Forum which is for 3rd party problems just because I made the mistake of mentioning UT Live, thus sweeping the problem 'under the carpet' and blaming a 3rd party product. 

Glen

Hi Fritz, Thanks for the info, I will check my FTX Central settings.

John

The EGKK AFCAD doesn't close a runway to departures or arrivals, so the sim picks the runway it likes the most based on the weather. This is a straight up AFCAD issue

Using ADE, you need to go into the AFCAD and close that runway to landings and departures for both ends. Richard's Suggestion at ORBX is correct, but I have no idea why he placed a significance on you using UTL. One has nothing to do with the other. Perhaps he was thinking of My Traffic - this addon includes AFCADS. UTL doesn't.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad