Still shopping for a new rig and noticed two types of GPU classifications. Dedicated/discrete and integrated. I'm thinking the dedicated/ discrete would be best to run FSX. Am I right?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes. A dedicated card will have faster memory and much better processing power but, obviously, adds to the cost of the system (significantly, if you go for a high-end card). Integrated graphics come free with most modern processors and are good for general Windows tasks, web surfing, viewing videos and can play games but generally older games or on low settings.

2 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Yes. A dedicated card will have faster memory and much better processing power but, obviously, adds to the cost of the system (significantly, if you go for a high-end card). Integrated graphics come free with most modern processors and are good for general Windows tasks, web surfing, viewing videos and can play games but generally older games or on low settings.

Thank you.

Vic,

Love that PATCO rally button. I also like "8 years ATC (Pre Reagan days)" - guess that "Pre Reagan days" would be true for about all PATCO members, eh?

Steven