Sign in to follow this  
cmck

Pilot2atc Phrases and communications

When planes are ready to takeoff and providing you have (AI enabled) the tower would "Delta 4 runway 13 line up and wait"  After takeoff "Delta 4 fly runway heading contact departure on 119.0" I'd like to hear departure and center give more headings during the flight "Delta 4 left to 280 direct BRADLY" On ILS approaches Pilot: "Delta 4 13 Left" ATC "Delta 4 cleared to land 13 Left reduce speed 10 knots and maintain visual separation" (If you have AI traffic enabled)  I feel like there's not enough communication from ATC during flights in general and that more headings to waypoints and altitudes be given during all phases of a flight. Just my observation, but really feel like Pilot2atc has lots of potential and further improvements will be coming.

I have also missed that it doesnt say "line up and wait". I also wondered why i dont get course advices. But then i thought, i had programmed SID and STAR in the FPL. May by ATC assumes with this the headings are given. Next time i will use a FPL without SID/STAR. Hopefully ATC will notice that i will never reach the RWY on the right HDG if they give me no vectors

Christian,

When you file a flight plan with ATC, you are expected to fly that flight plan on your own.  ATC will give you vectors in some situations, but normally will only tell you to fly a heading when you get too far off course.

You can request vectors to an ILS or Visual Straight-In from Approach Control when you get there, but don't expect ATC to care if you make it to your destination or not.  If you don't follow your flight plan, they will just have the authorities revoke your pilot certificate. :cool: