Sign in to follow this  
AIRHOG

Moscow City X Dawn, Dusk and Night Trouble

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

My Traffic does nothing to your scenery.  It just installs.  I strongly recommend you have it located just above Propeller Objects in the Scenery Library and all add-ons on top. 

I see you have Ultimate Traffic installed.  Have you tried disabling it to make sure it is not interfering with your Moscow scenery?  Disable it via the utility, not the Scenery Library (look under the Terrain tab in the utility).  It has vector data just like Orbx/FTX Vector.  In fact they compete with each other.

Best regards,

Jim

Well, as history has proven, things happen to me that have never happened to others. lol

Before getting your reply, I had uninstalled all of my addon terrain, MyTraffic 2013, along with Moscow City X (I didn't, however, uninstall any terrain or scenery that wasn't in the area.). Then I installed only Moscow City X, but the problem remained. After that, I reinstalled everything else; now knowing that none of it was the issue, and started up FSX just to make sure that the issue still remained, and it did, just as I had thought it would.

Now, I took your advice and attempted to move MyTraffic 2013 one step above Propeller Objects, but, low and behold, it wouldn't budge and inch...or...you know...up. So that's a No Go unless you know how to get it to move.

So, as for the Ultimate Traffic; I'm guessing that you meant Ultimate Terrain, I opened FSX but cannot find a Utilities tab anywhere. Not even sure if that's where it's supposed to be. Maybe I need a little more help on that one too ;)

21 minutes ago, AIRHOG said:

as for the Ultimate Traffic; I'm guessing that you meant Ultimate Terrain,

That's correct.  Sorry for the confusion.  It was around 5 AM and I was getting ready for the golf course....

When you open the Ultimate Terrain utility, there should be a Terrain tab at the top where you can enable/disable the utility.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

That's correct.  Sorry for the confusion.  It was around 5 AM and I was getting ready for the golf course....

When you open the Ultimate Terrain utility, there should be a Terrain tab at the top where you can enable/disable the utility.

Best regards,

Jim

Scenery Tech Landclass is what the Install Manager shows, not Ultimate terrain, but it lists it as Ultimate Terrain in the Scenery Library. I do have Ultimate Terrain Alaska installed and it does have the Utility for it. The Scenery Tech Landclass, however, does not have a Utility editor. But no matter, as mentioned before, I had actually uninstalled Scenery Tech Landclass Asia and Europe, and then reinstalled MCX and it made no difference. 

"What does make a difference?", you ask. Altitude! Yes, altitude. Somewhere between 32,000 & 35,000!

2017-8-4_21-17-27-254_zpsygfepo3e.png

2017-8-4_21-17-55-766_zps6quyp8pj.png

9 hours ago, AIRHOG said:

"What does make a difference?", you ask. Altitude! Yes, altitude. Somewhere between 32,000 & 35,000!

I think you need to go to the developer and get him to fix his product.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

I think you need to go to the developer and get him to fix his product.

Best regards,

Jim

This was Stan's reply,

"It does look weird but U don't think our product would be able to generate this visuals. If without hacing our product activated there are still some scenery elements existed, this suggests a conflict between various sceneries."

But like I said, I had uninstalled all add on sceneries; to include MCX, and then reinstalled Only MCX and got the same results.

The altitude difference is rather interesting to me.I'm not familiar with how things really work in FSX, as you by now know,  but I can understand that the time of day would require a change of textures, thus placing the large untextured squares in the scenery. But what would altitude have to do with it? What happens to the texture files at, or around, 35,000ft?

That, in itself, is rather interesting...

By the way, Jim, I want you to know that I do greatly appreciate all of you help. Thank you.

2 hours ago, AIRHOG said:

What happens to the texture files at, or around, 35,000ft?

Textures are rendered for the ground.  When you go up to FL350 it will show those textures as if you were flying over them at FL350.  I know very little about textures but know the placement of textures in the Scenery Library is very important.  But, that's not all!  When you install Orbx/FTX Global and Global Vector and OpenLC Europe OR GEX and Ultimate Terrain X for Alaska (or for Europe), it does wild and cool things to your installation of scenery as both programs also throw elevations into the Scenery/World/Scenery folder and those elevation files may also affect everything else installed (but mostly over the territory you have installed, like Alaska).  When you disable Ultimate Terrain X, it is supposed to turn all of those elevation files off but sometimes it doesn't (blame it on computers).  What you are seeing are two patches of scenery that are sticking above your beloved UUWW airport scenery.  Those two patches belong to something and something is causing them to show above your airport.  You just need to find the textures that belong to those patches and everything will then work perfectly, lights and everything.  Those two patches are covering up your ability to see lights but they are under those two patches.  Heck, you can see the lights bleeding through!

So, this is why you need to disable UTX and then look in Scenery/World/Scenery and make sure all of the UTX elevation files are also disabled.

You need to disable all other scenery you have installed as an addon except for Moscow.  I would disable all the way down to Propeller Objects including MyTraffic and just leave Moscow enabled.  This will fix it but you need to figure out what scenery is causing you problems.

There is one other slight possibility and that is your FSX configuration.  Under the Scenery tab, Texture Resolution will raise or lower your airport scenery elevation.  To the far right it will be raised high.  Set it to the far left and the airport elevation will be lower.  I think all scenery is developed with the Texture Resolution set to the max.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

After uninstalling all of my scenery files once again; to include Ultimate Terrain Alaska and My Traffic 2013, I reinstalled the original FSX bgl airport files and started up FSX only to see that the problem still persists. This tells me only one thing…this is a texturing error on the designers part.

So here’s what I did…

I reinstalled Moscow City X only, and I took a tour of all of the airports that Moscow City X upgraded; there are seven in total (UUWW, UUMB, UUMU, UUBW, UUBM UUDD and UUMO), and I made note of each one that had similar issues. Out of the seven airports, UUWW, UUBW & UUDD all had the exact same issue when the clock struck Dusk, Night or Dawn. Oddly enough, in the Moscow City X texture folder, only UUWW, UUBW and UUDD have LT_XXXX & LT_XXXX_LM texture files. None of the other four airports have these texture files in this folder.

I removed the six texture files and ran FSX again. During the day hours, the exact same squares were missing, just as the evening, night and morning texture squares that I showed in an earlier post.

So I did some testing…

By removing and installing these texture files, this is what happened in FSX:

1.       With both LT_XXXX & LT_XXXX_LM textures installed: Day Textures, but no Night textures

2.       With only LT_XXXX textures installed: Day Textures, but no Night Textures

3.       With only LT_XXXX_LM textures installed: No Day or Nights Textures

Something else was interesting to me. When I had cut and pasted these six texture files to my desktop, I noticed a significant difference between the LT_XXXX files and the LT_XXXX_LM files. The LT_XXXX file display was completely translucent whereas the LT_XXXX_LM file displays were solid white, as if there were no textures added to them at all. This, coupled with the fact that the LM files gave no texturing to FSX, tells me that the _LM files are corrupt or incomplete.

MCX_zpswxwqhufk.png

It is the “LT_” texture files that give the textures to the squares in question for the three airports (Day Time Only), and that the “LT_LM” texture files offer nothing to FSX. And it’s equally interesting that only these three airports have these texture sets.

You thoughts on this are more than welcome…