Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3202b

LDS 767-300ER FMC vs. PMDG 747 FMC

oh noes!! a descend now function does not work 100% correctly! how dare they! Boy thats much worse than not being able to use sid/stars!And the freighter update will not update anything regarding the pax version

Guest 3202b

Whatever, after a 14 hour sector and you press DES NOW and go into a 8000fpm dive - it kind of ruins any realism there was. The sids and stars work fine in the LDS if that is what you were referring to, it did have a problem but was fixed within a few weeks. As the most expensive add on I own, I would expect VNAV to work well, I'm certainly not expecting perfection - just that it works in some realistic manner.Oh and the PMDG will upgrade the pax version - it will add N3 and EPR gauges...and I bet you that the VNAV will 'suddenly' start working correctly.Anyway, lets get back onto topic, this shouldnt turn into a LDS vs PMDG war - they are both outstanding addons.

first you claim VNAV is "broken" then you back off and just say only when you use the desend now does it not work correctly. How many times does that happen in real life? ask any pilot and almost all the time they use level change or VS mode.Why dont you be specific about this show stopping outrageously obvious bug that stops everyone from enjoying this product. what complete nonsense.>Oh and the PMDG will upgrade the pax version - it will add N3 and EPR gauges...and I bet you that the VNAV will 'suddenly' start working correctly.>no, they wont upgrade the pax version. why dont you read the official posts made instead of using your great sense of knee jerk reactionism

Hey Paul,Oh yeah, I agree with you. It certainly is a work of art, and I will be purchasing it at some point. I have to get the approval of my wife, but, again, at some point, it will be mine.I am reading about this bicking going on between the LDS and the PMDG folks (or simmers who prefer one or the other). I am sure that with this bunch of folks, each will own both by the time it is over.I can't speak for the PMDG, but the LDS is great, just super!RH

I do own both and love the LDS except for the crashes I continue to experience with it installed. These "one sucks buy the other" people are what ruin any actual debate

Guest bigun

Have both since day of release. Both are "works of art"

I hope you get the crashing situation figured out! That would really be a bummer for me.RH

I wish I Could! SOmething to do with all the addons I have, I guess. out of memory errors galore. with any addon airplane. Once the LDS is uninstalled, no problems. Oh well, I miss flying such a great addon. but according to them, its not their addon thats causing it. so maybe its bev, ut usa, etc on my machine that conflicts

Hey Alex, not to get off topic, but The Wisdom of Homer J Simpson:"If you really want something in life, you have to work for it... now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers." This signature is great! I laugh everytime I read a post by you.On to the PMDG... I had the 747 installed, I was a FPS killer at the time of release. Then I had to reformat my HD. I lost the install program. If the bugs are worked out, I would love to try it again. I just hope I can get access to the file, and I wonder if the actual file will be the most current or I will have to patch it?Thanks for the info guys. LDS is nice too, just alittle taxing on my system.

hehe yeah it is a great line by Homer.And yea the FPS does suffer with the queen, but she is a big airplane. I wish they allowed you to get rid of the virtual cabin as I dont go back there and it is a frame killer, no doubt.You can email them and ask them for access to the latest release file, they allowed me to do this to have the latest version and it is great. But with lots of AI, weather, from the VC, dont expect killer frames. I just got use to it, and enjoy it still

Guest 3202b

Alex RELAX!!. I've seemed to hit a nerve somewhere?.I never said it was a showstopping bug or even major bug - I said it was a problem!! - never did I say it stopped me flying the queen. And I never claimed VNAV was completly broken - read my posts!!. Are you reading my posts? - I've said numerous times I love the queen and think it is an outstanding product - just what is your problem?.It is however a 'major' problem according to Janov (again not me!!) who is a real 747 pilot - read my reply above it has his quote in it.Oh and your wrong AGAIN!, from Mr Randazzo himself:"There are a number of new features that the 400F will include that will ALSO be available in the 400Pax. Engine displays, EPR, and a few others...."Please read my post before you post next time. Just happens it isn't the first time either, from Mr Randazzo again a post about PAX updates:"Hey it would mean a great deal to me if you would be a bit more careful in your posts in this (and other!) forums...Your answer to the poster above was ENTIRELY inaccurate- and I've answered his question a couple of times- so I am not sure why you would tell him what you told him...I removed your answer because it is clearly in conflict with this and previous answers...."Let's just relax now and look forward to the exellent -F update.

Alex, have you asked around here about that problem? If you have, I guess there's been no solutions.RH

>Search VNAV Steep Descent in the PMDG forum - lots of>reports!>>From a real world captain on your own forum:>>". . . When nearing the T/D I decided to test a function we>often use, the "premature" descent. I entered a lower alt in>MCP, and pushed on the altitude button, which is the same as>hitting the "descend now" button on the FMC. The plane should>enter a slow descent, a little over 1000fpm, until the>precalculated descent path is reached, then VNAV PTH should>reengage. This aircraft started a fairly steep descent, around>4000fpm intitially, then shallowed out to around 50 fpm ROD.>It yanked out way too much power, so with speed decaying too>much the SPD mode reengaged (fortunately). In this state, with>very little rate of descent and almost normal cruise-thrust,>the airplane stays until VNAV PTH is reacquired. (Major>issue)." (Janov)>>From a PMDG beta tester regarding the 747F update package:>>"This is a known issue and has been discussed many times on>this forum. It is not an issue anymore but that is all I am>going to say." This is true but lets make it clear that an initial descent rate is not anything to not enjoy the sim for in fact it is the most advanced 747-400 ever created for flight simulator. For what the LDS and PMDG give for under 100 bucks are simply amazing sims. No need for #### for tat between the two. As for the VNAV excessive rate in that ONE AREA, it is fixed in the F series which of course will fix the pax version of this "issue". ...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest 3202b

Thanks Randy it's good to hear confirmation that it is fixed (see Alex it will be updated :()I totally agree with you for under $100 we have two amazing replications that I thoroughly enjoy. I'm really looking forward to the -F.

Don't you just love these threads?Sophisticated aircraft add-on products aim to simulate as much of the systems of the aircraft they are trying to replicate as nearly and completely and accurately as possible.If you have legitimate complaints or issues with a given producer/product, take it up with their support team. I don't think ANYONE could accuse Level-D or PMDG of not dealing with issues that arise (and trying to FIX them if they are legitimate).But, let's be realistic: if you want 100% accuracy, you're not going to get it... at least not for a retail price of 40 to 55 bucks.The real issue, I believe is: does the producer sell the product IN GOOD FAITH, and SUPPORT the product IN GOOD FAITH?http://www.ldsflyingclub.com/siggies/ds.gif

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif