Mitch24

Converting FS9 scenery to P3D

Hi guys, I am trying desperately to convert an old scenery that I loved into my P3D. (V3). The developer did a new version of the scenery a while back for "FSX", but the objects are invisible in P3D, which means they are FS9 SDK.

I am trying to convert them using modelconverterX but when I try to export the files, nothing is saved, when I try to batch convert, it just gives me like 20 errors saying "ImageTool not found". Does anyone have any expertise in modeconverterx that could tell me why they won't convert?

Or any other program that can convert these files??

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I presume you have installed the P3D SDK? What are your Exporter Settings in Model Converter X? Go to Options> P3Dv4_XtoMDLPath and see that it points to the right place, which I believe is the xtomdl.exe in your P3D SDK. If that doesn't work enquire over at the FS Developer forum as there is a lot of information there and Arno who built MCX might be able to help you.

22 minutes ago, Ian S said:

I presume you have installed the P3D SDK? What are your Exporter Settings in Model Converter X? Go to Options> P3Dv4_XtoMDLPath and see that it points to the right place, which I believe is the xtomdl.exe in your P3D SDK. If that doesn't work enquire over at the FS Developer forum as there is a lot of information there and Arno who built MCX might be able to help you.

I have the SDK for P3D v3 installed. I pointed the "XtoMDL" path under MDL writer to my xtomdl.exe and that still didn't do it....

2 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I have the SDK for P3D v3 installed. I pointed the "XtoMDL" path under MDL writer to my xtomdl.exe and that still didn't do it....

Sorry mate, not sure then - have a look at http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/

Yup head over the FS Developer....if Arno is around, he is all things ModelConverterX.