Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Sound Problems with the RealAir Duke v2 in P3Dv4

I have installed the P3D version of the RealAir Turbine Duke v2 into P3Dv4 by pointing the Installer at the P3Dv4 Folder.  Everything works great I have even successfully installed the F1 GTN750, so I'm 95% there.

One annoying problem is the Switches, Gear and Flap sounds not playing.  I have seen the other post on this topic and downloaded the file 'dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll', changed the name to RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau and placed it in the Lockheed Martin\P3Dv4\Gauges folder but when I run load the Duke in P3Dv4 I get this fault message :

(D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\Gauges\RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau

Config File Not Found

Using Default D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\Gauges\RASDukeTv2_Sound.ini)

P3Dv4 continues to load to the TDv2 but there are still no Switch, Gear or Flap sounds - I have tried both RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau and RASDukeTv2_Sound.dll with no luck.

Any ideas please

Glen

Glen

Glen, you need the file "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.zip", google for it. You need these .gau replacements for RealAir and other aircraft in v4. Follow the instructions and then you'll have all sounds back.

Regards,

Fritz

Corrupted downloaded sound file ? Try to download it again, and Unzip with a different tool...

Mike

Hi Fritz

Thanks for your reply but if you look at the 5th line down I already have that file, its one of four inside the Zip file.

Glen

The error message means just what it says.

The gauge is loading just fine.

Where is the configuration file located?

Doug

The gauge file doe

43 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

I have installed the P3D version of the RealAir Turbine Duke v2 into P3Dv4 by pointing the Installer at the P3Dv4 Folder.  Everything works great I have even successfully installed the F1 GTN750, so I'm 95% there.

One annoying problem is the Switches, Gear and Flap sounds not playing.  I have seen the other post on this topic and downloaded the file 'dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll', changed the name to RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau and placed it in the Lockheed Martin\P3Dv4\Gauges folder but when I run load the Duke in P3Dv4 I get this fault message :

(D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\Gauges\RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau

Config File Not Found

Using Default D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\Gauges\RASDukeTv2_Sound.ini)

P3Dv4 continues to load to the TDv2 but there are still no Switch, Gear or Flap sounds - I have tried both RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau and RASDukeTv2_Sound.dll with no luck.

Any ideas please

Glen

it doesn't go in the P3D gauge folder. It goes in the panel folder of the aircraft itself. Thats where the original is located.

in my case:

E:\Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2\panel

• Upvote 1

Hi Glenn

I misread the original post, I'm sure it said delete any similar file in the TD Panel folder and place the x64bit replacement in the Gauges folder.

Anyway I did as you advised and deleted the 'Gauges' folder file and placed it in the TD 'Panel' folder and now its working - YEH !!  100% fully installed Turbine Duke  :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks a million

Glen

Glen