redhead66

ORBX Various Products

5 posts in this topic

Sim is FSX SP2

Excuse me if this has been answered already but I am a little confused about the various products. I have already installed the following:

All of the Free Mesh Areas V1 and all the patches

ORBX OPENLC_BASE

ORBXOPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBXOPENLC_NAMERICA1

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY

FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX

FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH

FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM

Could someone explain exactly what these ORBX products do.  Could I install FTX Global Vector as well or would that conflict with what is already installed?

Bob Palmer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

9 minutes ago, redhead66 said:

Sim is FSX SP2

Excuse me if this has been answered already but I am a little confused about the various products. I have already installed the following:

All of the Free Mesh Areas V1 and all the patches

ORBX OPENLC_BASE

ORBXOPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBXOPENLC_NAMERICA1

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY

FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX

FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH

FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM

Could someone explain exactly what these ORBX products do.  Could I install FTX Global Vector as well or would that conflict with what is already installed?

Bob Palmer

The ORBX_OPENLC entries are landclass files. Basically they tell the sim which textures to use. The FTXAA_ORBXLIBS are various scenery objects. The FTX_EU_ENG is the FTX England region. And they will all not conflict with FTX Global.

Thanks for that daniel.

So, can you tell me what is the difference between the Free Mesh which I under stand to be Land Class and the ORBX_LC.  Also what are CVX files.

Bob Palmer

2 hours ago, redhead66 said:

Thanks for that daniel.

So, can you tell me what is the difference between the Free Mesh which I under stand to be Land Class and the ORBX_LC.  Also what are CVX files.

Bob Palmer

CVX files are vector data.

I think the different layers of scenery can best be explained by the FTX Definitive Guide -- start on page 13 and it'll illustrate what vectors, mesh, landclass do for the sim.

Thanks again.  I am reading what you suggest it is very informative and I had not come accross it before.

Bob Palmer