Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Carenado C208B XP11 showcase

Bought new Carenado C208B XP11 version (which now also includes the Cargomaster expansion).

It flies very nicely and the PBR is evident.  But I can't help feeling wanting more for a full new purchase over the XP10 version.  Texturing has not been upgraded and a lot of the panel text remains blurry (2010 standards, which is when these original textures were created for the FSX version). Some of the sounds are also of a low quality.   But it's certainly not all bad. New engine modelling is good and ground power handling is improved.

I'd recommend it for new purchasers (who don't own the XP10 version), as a C208 is essential in the hangar!    But I'm not sure I'd recommend it at $34.95 for those who already own the XP10 version.     I feel more of Dan Klaue's magic could have been added to this new XP11 version, to update it.

Lovely reflective surfaces give that "real aircraft" look. Very impressive.

car_c211.jpg

car_c210.jpg

Apart from the panel cowelling, no change to the panel texturing which shows its age and lets things down.

car_c213.jpg

Not sure if the cabin has been updated but the texturing is far more impressive than on the VC panel!

car_c212.jpg

Nice reflective work on the panel cowelling.

car_c215.jpg

car_c214.jpg

Up ahead:  for how much longer will we see this daily Air Berlin arrival into Zakynthos (LGZA) ?

car_c216.jpg

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks for the writeup- I've been away from simming for about a month - ready to get back in!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |