Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Compact Engine Display

Is there any way to force the compact engine display by default when using the PFD/ND display?

I'm emulating Southwest's displays, and they don't use the lower DU for enging displays, but whenever you start the aircraft (even when using a saved flight), the display will default to secondary engine displays on the lower DU and you have to use the ENG and SYS push buttons to get the secondary engine data on the upper DU.

I think on the FMC PMDG setup Displays page 1 you can change PFD/ND to EFIS/MAP, or on page 7 change it to ENG side by side YES.  Is that what you want?

Jim Erwin

Absolutely!  The manual describes precisely how to do this (look under Panel State), but I'll tell you that all you have to do is setup which panel state you want to load, and you can set up your own default panel state to load for all aircraft (NGX) liveries if you wish via the CDU.  It's very easy to do.

Along with panel settings, you can also include switch positions throughout the flight deck, ground equipment, etc.  Since I've fired up Cold and Dark countless times, and these days I really want to jump right in and fly a VATSIM event on very short notice, I use a panel state assigned to all  liveries that has my ready to push back.  Everything is done for me except entering the flight plan. It's pretty sweet.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.