Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Cielosim KJAX

Just now, trisho0 said:

Do you have FSX?

Yes I do, FSX SE more specifically, but I have not installed this scenery there as of yet, primarily because I don't use it much anymore, P3D v4.4 is just so superior in virtually every respect..

22 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Yes I do, FSX SE more specifically, but I have not installed this scenery there as of yet, primarily because I don't use it much anymore, P3D v4.4 is just so superior in virtually every respect..

OK, from P3Dv4.4 load a boeing like PMDG 777 or 747 in KJAX Gate A10. Change the view from VC to outside then panning around. Does the building disappear and appears again?

In FSX the building is complete just fine. In P3D the building is incomplete.

Patricio Valdes

12 hours ago, trisho0 said:

OK, from P3Dv4.4 load a boeing like PMDG 777 or 747 in KJAX Gate A10. Change the view from VC to outside then panning around. Does the building disappear and appears again?

In FSX the building is complete just fine. In P3D the building is incomplete.

OK, I don't have a PMDG so I used an Aerosoft A320 Professional. 

When in locked spot plane view, the arched glass facade between the jetways on gate A9 and A10 will disappear very briefly, but only in a very limited arc when panning to the right, once you get past that arc going right, it comes right back. Panning left seems to have no effect, it never disappears.

I would have probably never discovered this anomaly if you hadn't mentioned it, but to be honest this a pretty minor glitch considering the publisher hasn't made this scenery "officially" compatible with P3D v4.x

mOpPree.jpg

jVSZe6b.jpg

16 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

When in locked spot plane view, the arched glass facade between the jetways on gate A9 and A10 will disappear very briefly, but only in a very limited arc when panning to the right, once you get past that arc going right, it comes right back. Panning left seems to have no effect, it never disappears.

The first screenshot you posted has partial arched glass (incomplete) and the second screenshot no façade of course. We need to wait for updates from Developer.

Patricio Valdes

On 1/4/2019 at 4:56 AM, SunDevil56 said:

OK, I don't have a PMDG so I used an Aerosoft A320 Professional. 

I would have probably never discovered this anomaly if you hadn't mentioned it, but to be honest this a pretty minor glitch considering the publisher hasn't made this scenery "officially" compatible with P3D v4.x

mOpPree.jpg

jVSZe6b.jpg

While I do not have this scenery I can tell you with 100% certainty that your scenery is not working correctly. You have default scenery showing through (the large blocky structures), suggestin that the scebery’s Exclude bel is not working, missing or is in the wrong location. I’ve had a similar issue at LatinVFR KSAN as well as FSDT PHNL. Try to search for any files with KJAX in the name in combination with AD, AD2 or ADE. Only one such file should be active in your library. It’s likely that a duplicate afcad file is causing this issue, hence deactivating duplicates should solve the issue. There is an automated tool for that but I’m in SFO and it’s 6AM so my brain is glitching a little 😛 Alternatively you can make a new exclude file, which is easy to do using SbuilderX or Airport Design Editor.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

24 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

While I do not have this scenery I can tell you with 100% certainty that your scenery is not working correctly. You have default scenery showing through (the large blocky structures), suggestin that the scebery’s Exclude bel is not working, missing or is in the wrong location. I’ve had a similar issue at LatinVFR KSAN as well as FSDT PHNL. Try to search for any files with KJAX in the name in combination with AD, AD2 or ADE. Only one such file should be active in your library. It’s likely that a duplicate afcad file is causing this issue, hence deactivating duplicates should solve the issue. There is an automated tool for that but I’m in SFO and it’s 6AM so my brain is glitching a little 😛 Alternatively you can make a new exclude file, which is easy to do using SbuilderX or Airport Design Editor.

I see what you mean, but it's really not that big of a deal to me at this point, it's $15 scenery, and is still way better than the default, so I can live with it until an update from the dev comes out.

Creating exclude files is not in my wheel house, but I think someone earlier in this thread posted a link for one, so I may give that a try.

11 hours ago, trisho0 said:

The first screenshot you posted has partial arched glass (incomplete) and the second screenshot no façade of course. We need to wait for updates from Developer.

DJJose was kind enough to send me his exclude files.

I installed those and it works perfect now, no more default terminal portions showing thru...

IXuvZhN.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

DJJose was kind enough to send me his exclude files.

I installed those and it works perfect now, no more default terminal portions showing thru...

Sorry, but still incomplete. Look at the base of the building which is black, not as shown in FSX.

Patricio Valdes

4 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Creating exclude files is not in my wheel house, but I think someone earlier in this thread posted a link for one, so I may give that a try.

That's right, better than nothing. So, let's wait then for nDeveloper updates.

Edited by trisho0
editing

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

Sorry, but still incomplete. Look at the base of the building which is black, not as shown in FSX.

I just assumed those were shadows, like I said, I don't have this installed in FSX, so yeah, for the time being this is as good as it's going to get in P3D v4.4. 

Again, for 15 bucks I can't complain, and way better than the default IMO. When the dev comes out with an update that will be great... 😎

The black texture underneath the terminal is the only minor issue I see with the scenery. Other than that, it's the best KJAX we have for v4.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

57 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The black texture underneath the terminal is the only minor issue I see with the scenery. Other than that, it's the best KJAX we have for v4.

Without a doubt. Thanks again for the exclude files Jose...😎

1 hour ago, BunnyHairedKid said:

Would you mind re-sharing that exclusion file? Seems like the dropbox link is down.

PM me.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

I just assumed those were shadows, like I said, I don't have this installed in FSX, so yeah, for the time being this is as good as it's going to get in P3D v4.4. 

Again, for 15 bucks I can't complain, and way better than the default IMO. When the dev comes out with an update that will be great... 😎

Take a look from Cielosim site and check photos if you don't have FSX. I don't complain about, just confirming the building base has no shadows, Nice scenery anyway and better will be when Developer releases a P3Dv4 installer.

Patricio Valdes