Sign in to follow this  
goofeyfoot

Can't Get Radeon Pro to Run FSX

Hello:

I installed Steves DirectX 10 Fixer. I have a Radeon card. I guess you have to run FSX (I think) through RadeonPro through a profile in order to use the DirectX 10 Fixer. I set up the profile in RP. I installed Steve's DirectS 10 Fixer. But I can't start FSX through Radeon Pro I get this stupid error that says "Can't start appliications Verify if you have sufficient permissions to access the file (the requested operation requires elevation) What am I doing wrong? I granted myself every bleeping permission under security, so that's not the problem.

Yeah, I can start FSX by clicking on the application outside of Radeon Pro. But I don't see any evidence that I am getting Direct X 10.

How can I fix this problem and start in the RadeonPro?

Thanks.

Michael

Elevation can become a nightmare on windows especially if anything is installed under program files.

i assume that you have tried running Radeonpro as elevated?

all Radeonpro and the Nvidia equivalent do is create a profile file that  defines some video card settings.( tweaks)

Whenever the the application runs e.g launched through Radeonpro or run outside it then it should pick up that profile.

regardless of Radeonpro fsx will run in dx9 or dx10 based on the d3d10 setting in fsx.cfg.   If the fixer controller reports that fsx is in dx10 mode then that setting is correct and it will run in dx10.

if you load the default Cessna and have aircraft casts shadows on self set in fsx settings then you should see shadows in the vc which will confirm that you are in dx10 mode.

On 27/08/2017 at 10:04 PM, goofeyfoot said:

Yeah, I can start FSX by clicking on the application outside of Radeon Pro. But I don't see any evidence that I am getting Direct X 10.

What card do you have? Is it definitely DX10-compatible? From what I've read elsewhere, you don't need RadeonPro to get DX10 and the Fixer to work.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit